The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

2 1s, and a fat contract for a QB that can’t win in the playoffs? Pass

Plus he’s injury prone. His playing style plus his build lend to more injuries in the future. We say he can play from the pocket which I believe but at the same time all it takes is one bad hit and he’s out for the season. He comes with a ton of risk. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I don't look for Jackson to go anywhere. This looks like a move by the Ravens to show him no team is going offer a fully guaranteed contract so he needs to bend on it. 

I think the Ravens are serious about letting Jackson go and vice versa. The negotiations have went nowhere for almost a year now. 

Jackson is his own agent which complicates the process

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I think the Ravens are serious about letting Jackson go and vice versa. The negotiations have went nowhere for almost a year now. 

You think? He wants a YOLO contract that even the sharpest agent wouldn't be able to negotiate. 

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You think? He wants a YOLO contract that even the sharpest agent wouldn't be able to negotiate. 

On the bright side, he could sign a team friendlier contract since there’s no agent fees lumped into it.  I think he’s also playing hard ball with the Ravens too.

Ultimately he’s gonna get a big deal from a team. If DJ, Carr and Geno got lucrative deals as middle of the road QBs, Lamar will do fine in the market.

34 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

On the bright side, he could sign a team friendlier contract since there’s no agent fees lumped into it.  I think he’s also playing hard ball with the Ravens too.

Ultimately he’s gonna get a big deal from a team. If DJ, Carr and Geno got lucrative deals as middle of the road QBs, Lamar will do fine in the market.

I'm sure he will get a deal. It won't be the fully guaranteed one he is after is the point.

10 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Him being his own agent points to it being about the money and gives a feeling that he does not appreciate the professionals behind the scenes.  Its just a bad look.

9 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

He will not sign a team friendly deal.  He wants the same money but does not want to give any to other people to help him.  He will end up with less than expected most likely.  Ravens are using this as leverage and trying to bring him back down to Earth.  When someone wants to much and a group agrees they are crazy that is not collusion.  He is being unreasonable.  If Jackson showed he could ball in the post-season he would get paid like it.  

1-3, 900 yards, 3 TDs, 5 Ints, 55% comp, 68 rating, 1 rush TD, 2 lost fumbles (5 total), and did not play well the 1 postseason win they had (He did run for over 100 yards) in the playoffs.  He is a great weapon but is garbage in postseason.  He over values himself.  He is better than Watson and Wilson but they got stupid deals.