The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised that the QB market could be at a standstill until Rodgers domino happens. There’s perhaps 10+teams who do not have a starting QB confirmed

Car, WSH, TB, LV, NYJ, ATL,HOU,IND, TEN,  BAL, ARZ,SF , GB

I'd cross Tennessee, Arizona, Baltimore, Green Bay, and San Francisco off that list.

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Hurts was not known as an high NFL accurate passer and has improved in leaps and bounds since drafted. Otherwise he would of went round 1

Hurts grew leaps and bounds during his time with Lincoln Riley at Oklahoma. Like I said he completed 70% of his passes there. Richardson's accuracy is historically bad any way that you look at it. He will be the least accurate QB ever taken in the first round and will join Daniel Jones as the only first round QB to have a losing record as a college starter.

Richardson's accuracy numbers were basically the worst amongst college starters period last year.

"Only 69.9% of Richardson's passes were considered "catchable" last season (as tracked by ESPN Stats & Information), which ranked No. 110 among 124 qualified FBS quarterbacks. And 13.2% of his incompletions were thrown to receivers who didn't have a single defender within five yards of them when the pass arrived. That was the ninth-highest rate in 2022.

• 53.8% completion rate was 94th out of 98 collegiate QBs with at least 250 pass attempts in 2022.
    • 38% completion rate when pressured, which ranked 79th among qualifying passers.
    • 55.7% completion rate on throws of 5 or fewer Air Yards, second-worst among qualifying passers.
    • 54.2% completion rate on throws of 9 or fewer Air Yards, second-worst among qualifying passers.
    • Compiled a 53% completion rate over four years in high school, including 64.5% as a senior and 48.6% as a junior.
    • Ranked 92nd out of 98 qualifiers in completion rate on screen throws and quick outs. (78.9%)
    • 19.3% off-target rate was third-highest among qualifying passers in 2022.
    • Average time to throw was 3.23 seconds, third-highest according to Pro Football Focus.

Edited by NYRaider

Predict where the QBs land 

Car-  Matt Ryan Levis - Ryan is a vet for Levis for year 1 

WSH-Jimmy G - Jimmy chooses to go on a talented team   

TB- Wentz - battles with Trask 

LV- Jameis  Richardson 

NYJ- Rodgers

ATL- Brissett - battle with Riddler 

HOU- CJ Stroud 

IND- Bryce Young 

BAL- Jackson stays franchised tagged 

ARZ- Marcos Mariotta - a scrambler like Kyler. Fills in for 3/4 the season, gets a chance to showcase himself  

GB- Love- finally gets his shot 

guys like: Baker, Darnold, White, Teddy, Gardner, Heinke, Dalton have to settle for QB2 roles 

how do you see QB jobs shaking out 

Edited by Humble_Beast

Just now, NYRaider said:

Not really. I'd prefer to sign Baker or Brissett for a fraction of the price.

Ah ok I thought a month or so back you were making an argument for Jimmy G. 

I like Stidham but I don’t think we could go into the draft with just him and Garbers, means we would have to take a QB in the draft. 

If we took Brissett I think you could let the draft come to you then. How much do we think Brissett will cost ? 

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

Ah ok I thought a month or so back you were making an argument for Jimmy G. 

I like Stidham but I don’t think we could go into the draft with just him and Garbers, means we would have to take a QB in the draft. 

If we took Brissett I think you could let the draft come to you then. How much do we think Brissett will cost ? 

I'm assuming he'll get another 1 year deal, close to what he got last year, so 1 yr/$5-6M.

2 hours ago, Dessie said:

You would be happy with Jimmy G ? 

Only if it's like a 2 year 25-30 mil deal I'm still intrigued with him having a healthy season in this offense with our weapons, but he will probably seek more and get more from someone else so. Stidham needs his shot 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think you can kiss any chance of Stroud / Young. There's a good chance you'd have to get up to #3 even for Levis.

Honestly Id role with stidham this year. were not gonna be competitive this year anyway. Next year we can try for Caleb provided he actually has the character