The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

25 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Panthers are reportedly shopping the pick so maybe we're not completely out of it assuming both things are true. Would prefer to stay put though.

Has a team ever traded for the #1 and then traded it away?  I would imagine the Panthers want more than what they traded to get there.  That is a strange situation.  I want nothing to do with trading up to #1 but it is not my team.  Davis should see this as a FO and coach not valuing future picks because they may not be there.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Has a team ever traded for the #1 and then traded it away?  I would imagine the Panthers want more than what they traded to get there.  That is a strange situation.  I want nothing to do with trading up to #1 but it is not my team.  Davis should see this as a FO and coach not valuing future picks because they may not be there.

I wonder if the Panthers got an offer they can’t turn down

7 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'll take Jimmy G and someone in next year's draft over Richardson every minute of every day. Jimmy is a decent QB but he will inevitably get hurt so hopefully the contract reflects the inevitable 

You’re assuming it won’t be both….

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Looking like Jimmy G lol.

I wouldn't mind Garoppolo if he cost less than $10 million, but my fear is we get Garoppolo and he costs $25 million. With Carr's dead money, we're not creating much cap space and we've got a significant downgrade at QB to boot. That would be lunacy IMHO. Mayfield would be better and cheaper, heck I'd prefer Minshew for what he'd cost. 

18 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Oh, my goodness! The worst of both worlds if we pay Garoppolo decent money and we draft Richardson at 7 or trade up, heaven forbid...............😁

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Oh, my goodness! The worst of both worlds if we pay Garoppolo decent money and we draft Richardson at 7 or trade up, heaven forbid...............😁

Its interesting that we bid to move to 1. You’ve gotta think that they had Stroud or Young in mind and have then switched and then targeted Jimmy. 

I would be surprised if they were to trade up if they do sign him as he would at least serve as a safety net if all 4 QBs are gone before 7. That they wanted to move up to 1 does show how aggressively they are attacking QB - so I suppose it’s not out of the question.

33 minutes ago, reddevil said:

If a QB was the only need we had, I would definitely agree that this would be more likely. Truth is, we have an entire defense to field minus one player. Everyone else is expendable. We also have a very thin, poor OL. The trenches basically need about an 80% overhaul and as a result, I don't expect us to go this route

18 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

If this were to happen, I'm glad I fall under the category of "I'm a fan of the NFL and the Raiders are my favorite team" b/c I would hate to throw multiple seasons away and just not pay attention to the NFL based on what this trainwreck of a franchise this move would make us lol.