OL Talk

nicfre2011

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

And yet Scarrnechia, who was OL coach for NE from 1999-2019, name dropped him first in a discussion on this class of OLs. Also mentioned the arm length can be a trip up, as so many don’t actually use their length 

I don't care to argue parroted info.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Where you think they play NPF?

RT after they have to move Skoroski inside.

Edit:

I think the line, from left to right, ends up being: Dillard, Skoronski, Brewer, Brunskill, NPF.

Edited by Daniel

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TVScout said:

Bass is gonna be a long-time backup in this league. Mediocre (at best) athlete, but absolute technician and smart as hell to make up for his limitations. He'll be one of those guys that spells your starter at 4/5 positions and fans don't even notice a huge drop off. Will never be a star, maybe not even a starter, but he'll stick around for a decade +

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So Joe Alt and Olu Fashanu are obviously 1 and 2 (debate the order if you want), and from the ones I've seen, which admittedly is only a few, there's a big dropoff after those two.

JC Latham looks solid, but unspectacular.

Is anyone out there getting close to their level, or is there really the big talent gap?

Any centers or guards that are really standing out?

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

So Joe Alt and Olu Fashanu are obviously 1 and 2 (debate the order if you want), and from the ones I've seen, which admittedly is only a few, there's a big dropoff after those two.

Is anyone out there getting close to their level, or is there really the big talent gap?

Taliese Fuaga RT Oregon State

20 hours ago, Daniel said:

Van Pran is easily the best center, especially with his leadership and versatility/athletic ability.  He could play guard in the NFL also.

The guards are ok, Keaton Bills is very solid but I think he might return to Utah for another year especially if Rising comes back at QB.  

Troy Fautanu right now I have him as potentially the best guard, he plays OT for Washington but is such a mauler could be an awesome guard in the NFL I feel.  Great talent and has more upside and versatility to play tackle unlike the other top guards.

Zak Zinter Michigan is probably the next best, he is solid but not sure he is worth a 1st rounder, Trevor Keegan his teammate is solid as well.  Clark Barrington I like his athletic ability and he might be in the group also and Cooper Beebe is a solid player with great run blocking ability.

Not super high talent but Fautanu as a guard projected could be the best arguably.  Heck JC Latham might project to guard as well and probably is better there than OT.  

Edited by Ozzy