OL Talk

nicfre2011

17 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Not a good look for Dawand

I like Jones as RT prospect, I am curious what his playing weight really was throughout his college career. Just looking at pics....he doesn't "look" 400 lbs. If I am an NFL team, I would look to get him to 350 lbs. with more time in the weight room for Conditioning and muscle definition to improve his stamina and functional strength. I wonder if his pure size+weight plus length is relied on more than movement and functional strength. I would imagine weighing 400 lbs. is tough on your bone and muscle structure not to mention your stamina in a physical game like football.

He played at 360-380 this year.  He does have a habit of letting his weight go up to 400 when he is not practicing/playing.  A team will do him a world of good controlling his weight and playing him in that 360 range.  He move very well for someone of that size and can block on the move.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jebrick said:

He played at 360-380 this year.  He does have a habit of letting his weight go up to 400 when he is not practicing/playing.  A team will do him a world of good controlling his weight and playing him in that 360 range.  He move very well for someone of that size and can block on the move.

He reminds me of Trent Brown.. the Patriots had to put heavy weight incentives into his contract to keep him at the weight they wanted. 

Anything to knock a player down to <insert team here> draft pick.

If he is there at 32 the Steelers will take him.  I will not be surprised if they take him at 17 although I think it is too high.  I think some team trades back into the 1st to get him.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He was 375 at the Senior Bowl and 374 at the combine. He was supposed to measure in for a third time despite the fact he wasn’t even participating? 

If teams had questions about his weight and thought he looked heavier, then yes.

27 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

If teams had questions about his weight and thought he looked heavier, then yes.

The fact that he showed up to the two most important events of the off-season that took place a month and a half apart at the same weight to me says he can maintain the weight when he's actually grinding.

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Freeland, more upside

Freeland technically has more upside than Paris Johnson, but I don't think that means he gets drafted before him. If I had to start Bergeron or Freeland as a rookie, I'd feel more confident in Bergeron getting the job done.

Edited by Jeezla