Week 19 - Wild Card Round

Leader

3 hours ago, Refugee said:

Z, for the terms they got him for, was a good pickup. His time here was up when he couldn’t deal with  not being the “man” in the lockeroom after not playing any ball but he still has some juice. Pass rushers are expensive and they have him one or two more years at a decent price with the option to bail out when play/injury is not up to par. 

Z is going to be one of their top cap cut candidates from what I haev been reading.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Z is going to be one of their top cap cut candidates from what I haev been reading.

Even if that is the case, they had him at a 3.3 hit this year. We’ll see if they want to pay him like a starter next year but I had no idea about their cap situation. Easy cut means it’s still a good contract. 

12 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Sounds more likely to be a restructure candidate than an outright release.  He was a good pickup for them.

Guy proved he could play a full season after back surgery. Had a heck of a year as a pass rusher. He's not taking no discount in this 'restructure!'

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Do you know how many times Aaron Rodgers has taken a sack on 4th down?

The answer is 4 times since 2018.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/419780/aaron-rodgers/splits/2018/

Rodgers was 5/11 on 4th down in 2018.
9/5 in 2019.
8/13 in 2020.
6/13 in 2021.
6/18 this year.

Kirk Cousins
7/15 in 2019
3/7 in 2020
8/13 in 2021
6/11 this year

And one sack on 4th down.

Aaron Rodgers has 21 career 4th quarter comebacks.
Kirk Cousins had 7 this year alone.

Kirk Cousins and Rodgers, as of December of this year, were tied in 4th quarter comebacks.

One thing about the comeback stat that is overlooked , you have to be behind ! The pack has been so good over the Rodgers years how many times have had to come back to win !  How many times have we come back only for our defense to spit the bit !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Are we all Dallas fans tonight?

I will be, which is difficult. For me, I don’t have a lot of ill  will towards MM and like a fair amount of players in Dallas. The team, ownership and history means I will still never truly root for them, just when it helps the Pack or  vs. those that I hate more and that’s a short list. 

Edited by Refugee

21 minutes ago, mtsportsfan1 said:

One thing about the comeback stat that is overlooked , you have to be behind ! The pack has been so good over the Rodgers years how many times have had to come back to win !  How many times have we come back only for our defense to spit the bit !

To some degree, I think "4th quarter comeback" could be the most flawed stat of all time.

That being said, if I need a 70+ yard game winning TD drive in the final 90 seconds, Rodgers probably doesn't make a top 10 list of QB's I'd want.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Are we all Dallas fans tonight?

No. Dallas is good enough to upset SF or PHI when they're going right, whereas the Bucs simply just suck this year and aren't a threat vs either of the top 2 seeds. Would be funny to see Dallas lose to a bad team in the 1st round too