Week 19 - Wild Card Round

Leader

2 minutes ago, Striker said:

I'm pretty sure you'd need to blow up the season ticket list and start over if you wanted the kind of noise that some of these other stadiums see.

Implement a GB social credit system like China where you get demoted from your season tickets if you’re a ****ty fan to other poor bastards like me who have been on there for 20 years and will never see the tickets. We’ll be sneaking in bottles of firewater to get everyone real rowdy.

3 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

Well, its nice not having to see the green and gold lose to the 49ers again. At least.

I think we’re better than Seattle, and I want to knock the Niners on their ***, but don’t think today would have been that day. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Brock Purdy out there proving me right.

He's an enigma.  Much like Brady.  Played superb again today.  Rookie last pick in the draft.  All these teams searching for a decade or more to find the guy.  Here SF just stumbles on him.  But you are right it takes a team.  Can't pay the QB these outrageous salaries and expect to field a competive team.  Maybe the NFL someday will figure that out. 

The 49ers might have a better chance at being eliminated if Purdy gets hurt early enough in the divisional round and cannot return. This would force the 49ers to play 36-year-old journeyman Josh Johnson who has a 1-8 record as starter as Jimmy G wouldn't be ready yet.

34 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I think we’re better than Seattle, and I want to knock the Niners on their ***, but don’t think today would have been that day. 

Man watching SF we are not even close.  Score probably would have been similar.  If Gute thinks he can run it back again and compete with the likes of SF he is sorely mistaken.  Think the Packers will need to work on a 3 year plan.  To return to relevance isn't going to happen overnight.  Cap purge and rebuild under Love if he's the guy.  If not it could take much much longer. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Brock Purdy out there proving me right.

I'm sicken thinking about it. You have 4 QBs making between 45 to 50M sitting at home and we just watched two QBs being paid peanuts playing good enough to win a SB.  Rodgers 60M vs Purdy 300K. Two schools of thought here. Pay a declining MVP QB 60M and have less talented roster for us to have an annual early playoff exit.

Or build a loaded roster and roll with less talented cheaper QB who won't lose you games but can make just enough plays to get you wins. Giving Rodgers that contract will set this franchise back years because the longer we keep him the longer we delay the rebuild. You don't need to pay a QB 50M to win a SB!!!

Edited by St Vince
  • Like 3