2022 Super Wildcard Weekend: (3) Vikings vs (6) Giants

NYRaider

Who wins  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Vikings
    • Giants

If Mike Zimmer were still in Minnesota we could bill this as "talent versus coaching" and I'd take Brian Daboll in a heartbeat.  However, Kevin O'Connell is half a league better than Zimmer and (even though he may still be half a league behind Daboll) that should make all the difference. 

Vikings by double digits. 

I wouldn't be surprised to be wrong, though.  The Giants have a unique ability to puke the field green in the regular season before going on a tear in the playoffs.

• Like 1

Minnesota will start fast, then fade for the next two quarters. The key for NY is to either have a substantial lead or be prepared to hold down the 4th quarter resurgence. If the Vikings aren't up by 10 after the first quarter it could be trouble. In the end I think the Giants win this one. Teams this season have fared much better against the Vikings the second time they have faced them. 

27-21 NY

1 hour ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Minnesota will start fast, then fade for the next two quarters. The key for NY is to either have a substantial lead or be prepared to hold down the 4th quarter resurgence. If the Vikings aren't up by 10 after the first quarter it could be trouble. In the end I think the Giants win this one. Teams this season have fared much better against the Vikings the second time they have faced them. 

27-21 NY

That's very interesting. Holds up for 2/3 teams they've played twice, with the 1 other team being the Bears, who played Nathan Peterman and David Blough at QB the second time.

9 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

That's very interesting. Holds up for 2/3 teams they've played twice, with the 1 other team being the Bears, who played Nathan Peterman and David Blough at QB the second time.

Yea, I don't really count that final game since both teams pulled many players. Cousins didn't finish the game either so its not a real good game to judge. But the other two games showed a fairly striking change from game one to two. Is that familiarity with the new scheme for the Vikings? Homefield being flipped? Coincidence? Likely a combination, but having some experience going against a new coach and system is never a bad thing.

On 1/10/2023 at 6:25 AM, vikingsrule said:

I mean they could have had that mentality two weeks ago when they had a shot at the second seed, but got destroyed by GB.

That should have been the wake up call to our team.

Green Bay eliminated themselves though and Minnesota is in it. The Vikings just have to move forward and play their hearts out. Skol!

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Kyle Brandt's (GFMB) deep dive into Kirk Cousins late game 4pm window W/L record as a Viking (5-9) , Redskins (2-9) and Spartan (3-6) was funny to watch. 

10-24 🍺

The NFL did the Giants a favor giving this game the time slot they gave it. While Kirk's per game averages at 1pm and 4pm games aren't too different, the win/loss record is.

It's a really good thing they didn't choose this game for Monday night. DJ is like 1-9 in primetime games, and we all know how notoriously bad Kirk is on Monday night.