Cardinals Fire HC Kliff Kingsbury

AFlaccoSeagulls

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

the gm job is open too 

Sean Peyton can call his shots 

This is the bigger deal; less so in the end of pulling Payton and more just because Keim has been the Teflon albatross around the neck of the franchise for the better part of a decade.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He made Trevor Lawrence into the star he is today.

Somewhere Urban Meyer is saying "Darn straight, taught that kid some resiliency. He'd never faced any before 2021. He overcame a lot, so now he's setup for success."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I’d surmise he’s going to find his way back to college. He never felt like he fit the pro game.

If by some stroke of stupidity someone actually hires Bill O’Brien from Alabama, Kliff in Alabama as an OC would work.

(maybe Kyler can transfer to Alabama, too).

I wonder if Oklahoma would consider hiring him, it seems like a great fit for both sides. 

4 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

This is the bigger deal; less so in the end of pulling Payton and more just because Keim has been the Teflon albatross around the neck of the franchise for the better part of a decade.

We aren't buying a 50 year old who's grinded up an incredibly demanding career ladder for a dream job is stepping down for health reasons?

32 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Going with another college coach would be a gamble but Lincoln Riley is the only guy who’s held Kyler accountable.  He’s a third base guy like Ryan Day but his QB track record is bulletproof.

The Cardinals making him the highest paid coach in the NFL would be interesting. 

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

We aren't buying a 50 year old who's grinded up an incredibly demanding career ladder for a dream job is stepping down for health reasons?

He is currently in rehab(a rumor but I have heard from multiple ppl who live in the Phoenix area who I talk w/ about the Cardinals)... did he get fired because he is a person who needs rehab or did he step down. Doesn't really matter to me. 

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

He is currently in rehab(a rumor but I have heard from multiple ppl who live in the Phoenix area who I talk w/ about the Cardinals)... did he get fired because he is a person who needs rehab or did he step down. Doesn't really matter to me. 

Ahh that's a bummer. Sincerely hope he gets better then.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I wonder if Oklahoma would consider hiring him, it seems like a great fit for both sides. 

I could see that working for every side; Brett Venables seems like a poor fit overall. If Bob Stoops can assist with recruiting to not lose pre existing commitments, this could work out.

20 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I honestly don't care what the reason is that he's gone, for Arizona's sake it's just a good thing he's gone.  He should have been gone the season after they got the #1 pick - but the Bidwills are as milquetoast as the Spanos' are and, ironically for an ownership group that is so often willing to pull the plug on head coaches, gave too long a leash to personnel folks despite gaff after repeated gaff. that genuinely made you question whether the man actually had a finite vision of how he wanted to build that team or was too fluid for his own good (or the team's).  If he has health issues or needs rehab, I hope he gets whatever help he needs and recovers.  But that's not a crutch to prop up his poor personnel performances.

Edited by Dr LBC