Cardinals Fire HC Kliff Kingsbury

AFlaccoSeagulls

34 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Dude belongs in college 

Can anyone list the top 5 college HC who had success in the NFL with ZERO NFL experience before they were hired? Please don't include Barry Switzer. I'm curious 

Jimmy Johnson 

Go

Guess he had some experience in Houston back in 2010, point stands. Very few

Edited by Nabbs4u

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Can anyone list the top 5 college HC who had success in the NFL with ZERO NFL experience before they were hired? Please don't include Barry Switzer. I'm curious 

Jimmy Johnson 

Go

Guess he had some experience in Houston back in 2010, point stands. Very few

I've been against hiring college-only coaches because I don't know of any that worked out. Jim Harbaugh and Pete Carroll both at least were position coaches in the pros before taking on college programs. Outside of them the college to pro coaches pretty much always flop.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I've been against hiring college-only coaches because I don't know of any that worked out. Jim Harbaugh and Pete Carroll both at least were position coaches in the pros before taking on college programs. Outside of them the college to pro coaches pretty much always flop.

Exactly!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D82 said:

But like...why? He's had the head job before and it didn't go great. 

It's the taboo hire double whammy.

Hiring from within the previously failed organization
Hiring a failed retread

You can find examples here and there of each that has worked, but both of them are still few and far between. In 4 years, he's failed to have a top 10 defense 4 times, and a top 20 defense twice. Dude should be wondering if he would get his walking papers regardless of organizational overturn.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Hiring a failed retread

You can find examples here and there of each that has worked, but both of them are still few and far between. In 4 years, he's failed to have a top 10 defense 4 times, and a top 20 defense twice. Dude should be wondering if he would get his walking papers regardless of organizational overturn.

Someone needs to give Jon Kitna a call. 

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

Hiring a failed retread

Sounds like the guy that so many people keep trying to push the Panthers to hire (Steve Wilks).  

Great guy, great leader, not the man to turn around this team in the long-term.