Cardinals Fire HC Kliff Kingsbury

AFlaccoSeagulls

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Cardinals making him the highest paid coach in the NFL would be interesting. 

I feel weird in saying this about any NFL owner, but they're not buying Lincoln out of USC; the later has as much - or more - money when you start collectively considering the wealth of the various big time boosters.  I'm a USC hater (on principle) and even I recognize this.

Edited by Dr LBC

Just now, Dr LBC said:

I feel weird in saying this about any NFL owner, but they're not buying Lincoln out of USC; the later has as much - or more - money when you start collectively considering the wealth of the various big time boosters.

USC just gave him $110M, I'm assuming the buyout is an insane figure and the Cardinals would also have to give him the biggest contract in the NFL to make it appealing for him financially. I can't imagine that Kyler's immediate future being murky due to injury making the job anymore appealing for him either.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

USC just gave him $110M, I'm assuming the buyout is an insane figure and the Cardinals would also have to give him the biggest contract in the NFL to make it appealing for him financially. I can't imagine that Kyler's immediate future being murky due to injury making the job anymore appealing for him either.

Yeah, my point was the contract Riley just got from SC and the buyout that would have to happen basically makes that whole scenario a non-starter from the get.

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

I feel weird in saying this about any NFL owner, but they're not buying Lincoln out of USC; the later has as much - or more - money when you start collectively considering the wealth of the various big time boosters.  I'm a USC hater (on principle) and even I recognize this.

The NFL will never open their books but it would be interesting to see their yearly profits per franchise.  I read there’s like $900m worth of active fired coaches getting paid.

2 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

The NFL will never open their books but it would be interesting to see their yearly profits per franchise.  I read there’s like $900m worth of active fired coaches getting paid.

Well, part of that is the fact that, as few fans tend to either know or account for, that when an amount in a contract is guaranteed, the translation of that is that the sums is held in an escrow account (electronically, yes, but it still has to be backed by good-faith monies - i.e. the contractor cannot overcommit assets beyond what they actually have in terms of liquidity and valued-assets) and disbursed according to the prescribed payment schedule.  So when a coach is fired and the remaining contract years accelerate and compound, but the payment schedule remains the same and really, for accounting purposes, the money changes are no different - unless the coach is fired for cause (at which point the team could seek to reclaim or reclassify some-but-not-all of the amount accounted for in escrow).

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

No, he's going directly into the Hall of Fame. 

He only fails upwards, remember?

Screw that, with the money he's got he'll be out for revenge on Kyler.  When Robert Kotick, pressured by him getting yet another sexual harassment suit filed against him, liquidates a bunch of his Activision stock to Kliff... well, let's just say that I hope you enjoy the latest COD release, Kyler, because Kliff will make sure it's the last one you ever get.😈