Cardinals Fire HC Kliff Kingsbury

AFlaccoSeagulls

Seems to be a genuinely good person and a really hard worker, but just a weak leader and awful at adjusting his scheme. He let the players run the show during a rebuild (2019-present), which led to this being one of the most penalized teams in the league over the last several seasons. Timing seemed to always be off no matter who was under center.

And he kept running the same ineffective BS on offense that teams had caught onto. Ridiculous amount of empty set verticals that were super easy to defend against, combined with an insane number of screen passes. That was bis offense. Everything ran out of Shotgun, too. Hampered the running game and became too predictable in the passing game.

Good luck and good riddance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Gonna be a top OC candidate if he wants it. Must be nice to be paid for 4 more years to do nothing. 

That would be a disaster. He had the most penalized offense in the NFL and players talked in press conference about how predictable it was. Patrick Peterson went on record saying that the Cardinals ran the same exact plays in 2022 when he played against them as they did in 2019 when he was on the team. Also, Kliff's scheme is exclusively Shotgun, which kills you in the NFL.

I’d surmise he’s going to find his way back to college. He never felt like he fit the pro game.

If by some stroke of stupidity someone actually hires Bill O’Brien from Alabama, Kliff in Alabama as an OC would work.

(maybe Kyler can transfer to Alabama, too).

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Of all the offensive-minded HC candidates, I think Ben Johnson will be the most sought after and he will surely land a job this offseason. I could see that being in Arizona. Steichen should definitely be towards the top of their list as well.

I love what Johnson has done for us this year. I think he'll be getting some interviews. However, I don't think he gets hired. He's had 1 year of experience as an OC. I can see him coming back to us next year and then being a more serious candidate next year. 

Aaron Glenn should also garner some interest next year, assuming that he can get the defense up to speed with some new pieces. 

As for Kingsbury, he probably goes back to college in some capacity. Maybe he joins an NFL team as a passing game or running game coordinator while potential OC/college HC jobs open up. It'd be really tough to come into the college world right now and recruit guys. 

• Like 1