2023 Offseason Thread

Superduperman

I don't like Anzalone at all and think his stats are inflated from jumping on plays from others while whiffing on alot of his own assignments. However, as I stated, if you've listened to a Holmes, Campbell and Sheppard they actually seem to think LBs are not as important in this defense and that a player like Anzalone is good. Even though we all want to see massive upgrades here, I don't see the Lions prioritizing it. 

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

I don't like Anzalone at all and think his stats are inflated from jumping on plays from others while whiffing on alot of his own assignments. However, as I stated, if you've listened to a Holmes, Campbell and Sheppard they actually seem to think LBs are not as important in this defense and that a player like Anzalone is good. Even though we all want to see massive upgrades here, I don't see the Lions prioritizing it. 

What they say publicly and what they do with their acquisition plans are probably two different things.  After watching the Lions get stuffed by Roquan Smith for years and seeing Uchenna Nwoso ball out on the big stage, and seeing the impacts of players like Bobby Wagner/Dre Greenlaw/Fred Warner it is painfully obvious they need at least one difference-maker.  

On 1/9/2023 at 3:03 PM, Nnivolcm said:

Pretty sure Okudah's contract is fully guaranteed he's not going to be released imo.

You could trade Okudah, if y'all wanted to get rid of him. I bet there would be some teams willing to take a shot on him for a Day 3 pick.

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

You could trade Okudah, if y'all wanted to get rid of him. I bet there would be some teams willing to take a shot on him for a Day 3 pick.

He has $10M guaranteed. Do you think a team would eat a part of that salary and also give up day 3 draft comp for him? 

45 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

He has $10M guaranteed. Do you think a team would eat a part of that salary and also give up day 3 draft comp for him? 

I wouldn't be surprised if a team is willing to take on some portion of that contract. It looks like as much as ~$5M would go to the team acquiring him.

What do you guys think about adding someone like Glover Quin to the coaching staff? 

He really seems to like it here and I believe (can't find anything to support this) has had some work with the DB's in an unofficial capacity. He'd fit the 'former player' mold that Campbell seems comfortable with. He knows the city and the organization. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

What do you guys think about adding someone like Glover Quin to the coaching staff? 

He really seems to like it here and I believe (can't find anything to support this) has had some work with the DB's in an unofficial capacity. He'd fit the 'former player' mold that Campbell seems comfortable with. He knows the city and the organization. 

I can't think of a down side.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

He might really help Kerby Joseph.  Glover Quin was great that mental aspect of playing safety.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

He might really help Kerby Joseph.  Glover Quin was great that mental aspect of playing safety.

I thought he had already been working with us in some capacity... if not, I think he'd be an intriguing addition to replace Aubrey Pleasant. 

Returning To School

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/nfl-draft-2/2023-nfl-draft-underclassmen-declaration-tracker/

• Rome Odunze, WR, Washington (Jan. 12)
  • Spencer Rattler, QB, South Carolina (Jan. 10)
  • Benjamin Yurosek, TE, Stanford (Jan. 9)
  • Blake Corum, RB, Michigan (Jan. 9)
  • Cade Stover, TE, Ohio State (Jan. 9)
  • Jared Verse, DE, Florida State (Jan. 7)
  • Cooper Beebe, OL, Kansas State (Jan. 7)
  • Layden Robinson, iOL, Texas A&M (Jan. 5)
  • Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU (Dec. 22)
  • Bralen Trice, DE, Washington (Dec. 19)
  • Zion Tupuola-Fetui, DE, Washington (Dec. 19)
  • Bo Nix, QB, Oregon (Dec. 18)
  • Michael Penix Jr., QB, Washington (Dec. 4)
  • Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State (Nov. 28)