Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Take along as you can..... Aaron "Forge" Rodgers needs his time in the spotlight!!!

One of the reasons I left my 49ers fandom... Alex Smith over the hometown Rodgers... pi$$ed me off something horrible at the time

I wasn't sure where everyone had mingo ranked 

Went back and forth all day between him and 2 other guys and possibly trading down 

I like the mingo better then some of the other guys that already went , I like more physical guys then the smaller guys

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jch1911 said:

One of the reasons I left my 49ers fandom... Alex Smith over the hometown Rodgers... pi$$ed me off something horrible at the time

He played at Cal which is what like 15 minutes from the Raiders, and went a pick after they selected. The pick right after thing:
2004: Robert Gallery -> Larry Fitzgerald
2005: Fabian Washington -> Aaron Rodgers
2006: Michael Huff -> Donte Whitner (okay)
2007: Jamarcus Russell -> Calvin Johnson

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

I wasn't sure where everyone had mingo ranked 

Went back and forth all day between him and 2 other guys and possibly trading down 

I like the mingo better then some of the other guys that already went , I like more physical guys then the smaller guys

I feel like I’ve been watching WRs for days. He’s one guy I haven’t watched yet though.

Deep group this year, even if lacking for star power 

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

He played at Cal which is what like 15 minutes from the Raiders, and went a pick after they selected. The pick right after thing:
2004: Robert Gallery -> Larry Fitzgerald
2005: Fabian Washington -> Aaron Rodgers
2006: Michael Huff -> Donte Whitner (okay)
2007: Jamarcus Russell -> Calvin Johnson

All of those are legit, but Huff over Whitner.

Although I am originally from TX so there is some bias.

2 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

All of those are legit, but Huff over Whitner.

Although I am originally from TX so there is some bias.

I liked Huff too. Let's forget about 2006 and include 1983...
1983: Don Mosebar -> Dan Marino

Edited by Trojan

Good pick at 88 Trojan. He was my pick at 90. Happy with Pickens, but I had the RB higher. 

I think it's a little early for Pickens, but I rated him higher than most. I think with some development and coaching he's got the potential to be a good starter. I didn't think he would last long into the 4th. So a little reach for need too, but I think the value is there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Pickens is a good grab there, but I am probably higher on him than others. Really uses his length effectively.

Yeah i like him and wouldn't mind if the Niners would take him. Think the 4th is more where i would grab him but honestly at this point the difference isn't that big.