Rebuild, Reload....redo? 2023 Offseason Discussion

gopherwrestler

4 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

3. no one even knows if hes a dude yet. hardly played in college, hardly played his first 2 years in the league. he's all projection and upside at the moment; real risk there.

That is very true.  On the other hand, it is not at all unlike everyone in the draft.  With no knowledge of whether he was a dude just a couple short years ago he was a high first round pick.

I wouldn't trade him away for a third round pick if I was the team that plays in Santa Clara, but from the Vikings perspective that risk of the unknown is a risk that I would be willing to take.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Adofo-Mehsah: "A Championship Standard is looking in the mirror, being hard on yourself, being accountable to what happened and finding ways to improve. We do that every day. We're doing that in an ongoing way."

vikings.com

Championship Standard seems to be the new buzzword, O'C said it too....

From Collaboration to Championship Standard.  

2 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

That is very true.  On the other hand, it is not at all unlike everyone in the draft.  With no knowledge of whether he was a dude just a couple short years ago he was a high first round pick.

I wouldn't trade him away for a third round pick if I was the team that plays in Santa Clara, but from the Vikings perspective that risk of the unknown is a risk that I would be willing to take.

Isn't Purdy looking a lot better in the same offense? I think Lance is a long ways away yet and coming off of an injury

33 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Is it worth trading a high potential backup for a3rd with a young starter? If he looks good in preseason and aqb gets injured,  his value could go up

Assuming Purdy stays healthy was in my post. 

49ers could certainly hang onto Lance for the duration of his rookie contract and get a compensatory pick. If a team is offering a 2023 3rd for him (perhaps a little more) I'd think the 49ers would be tempted by that.

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Assuming Purdy stays healthy was in my post. 

49ers could certainly hang onto Lance for the duration of his rookie contract and get a compensatory pick. If a team is offering a 2023 3rd for him (perhaps a little more) I'd think the 49ers would be tempted by that.

They don't know if they'll need a backup until they need a backup

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

Isn't Purdy looking a lot better in the same offense? I think Lance is a long ways away yet and coming off of an injury

I think it’s impossible to say one way or the other how Purdy looks compared to Lance given that Lance’s only game was played in a monsoon. 

12 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I think it’s impossible to say one way or the other how Purdy looks compared to Lance given that Lance’s only game was played in a monsoon. 

I was thinking he had a few more games than that this season and was looking so so.  I didn't realize it was the 2nd game that he got hurt.