Donatell fired, who might be our next DC? (Evero to CAR, p.35)

vike daddy

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Yeah I would guess, like a lot of first time HC’s, he would look to bring some of the 49ers staff to help him run the defense if he can

I can't imagine he'd be allowed to do so.  I don't believe McDaniel or Saleh did.  

15 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I can't imagine he'd be allowed to do so.  I don't believe McDaniel or Saleh did.  

He can do if he wants, as long as it’s a promotion I believe? Maybe I’m incorrect but I believe it’s how it works. I’m sure contracts okay into it also. 

I believe Saleh brought Ulbrich who worked with him in Seattle. And Tony Oden, Aaron Whitecotten, and Mike Ruttenburg who worked with him in SF.

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

He can do if he wants, as long as it’s a promotion I believe? Maybe I’m incorrect but I believe it’s how it works. I’m sure contracts okay into it also. 

I believe Saleh brought Ulbrich who worked with him in Seattle. And Tony Oden, Aaron Whitecotten, and Mike Ruttenburg who worked with him in SF.

What I’m really getting at is typically if they are a new defensive or offensive staff they hire some assistants they have worked with in the past, usually not going to hire a different top Defensive or offensive coach to now start coaching their system. 

Mike McDaniel hired Wes Welker from the 49ers, and kept some of the old staff, along with bringing in Aldrick Robinson and Mike Person who he coached when they were players with the 49ers on the offensive side of the ball. 

Brought in Frank Smith as his OC who worked under Brandon Staley on his coaching staff. 

He does have Darrell Bevell as his QB coach who is a pretty big name, but he wasn’t going to get another OC job again that next year. 

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

DeMeco Ryans has absolutely no connection to Desai, other than being in the same profession, so I'm curious as to why that was even suggested.  

Welcome to the internet, where the facts are made up and proof doesn't matter. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Welcome to the internet, where the facts are made up and proof doesn't matter. 

Yeah I actually was digging if he was trying to link Ryan’s to Fangio somehow, but basically all Fangios staff was let go when Harbaugh left. Really can’t see much of a connection here. 

will be interesting to see why @Ozzybelieves it would be a fit.

4 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Speaking of Links, is there anyone on the staffs still playing or just eliminated that maybe Kwesi and KOC would be interested in hiring or maybe trying to bring in?

Kris Kocurek is a name to watch and overlapped for a year when Kwesi was there.

5 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Speaking of Links, is there anyone on the staffs still playing or just eliminated that maybe Kwesi and KOC would be interested in hiring or maybe trying to bring in?

One to me, would be the Eagles Dennard Wilson. He is their DBs coach/defensive passing game coordinator.

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/coaches-roster/dennard-wilson

My guess on our search is that Flores and Desai are the main options (it’d be pure speculation as to who is the “leader”) with Evero being the main factor holding things up, if you will. Once the Denver situation is hammered out, and Evero can be interviewed, then we will see a lot of pieces around the NFL start to fall into place. As jaded and pre-programmed as I am by silly things the Vikings have done in the past, my guess is that Pettine is our “emergency” pick as coordinator in case our 2-3 other preferred options fall through.

1 minute ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

My guess on our search is that Flores and Desai are the main options (it’d be pure speculation as to who is the “leader”) with Evero being the main factor holding things up, if you will. Once the Denver situation is hammered out, and Evero can be interviewed, then we will see a lot of pieces around the NFL start to fall into place. As jaded and pre-programmed as I am by silly things the Vikings have done in the past, my guess is that Pettine is our “emergency” pick as coordinator in case our 2-3 other preferred options fall through.

Since Denver has already apparently ruled out Evero for their HC job, it's probably disrespectful for them to continue to hold him up from taking other jobs.  But, since he's under contract for next year, I guess that's their right.  It just doesn't put them in a good light.  

my cynical viewpoint since its the Vikings and we can never have nice things...

Flores and Desai were only for Rooney rule interviews (two candidates of color needed) and they had Pettine in mind all along.

A part of me thinks this because I've been a Vikings fan since 1998 and that's what we've been programmed to think.

Just now, battle2heaven said:

my cynical viewpoint since its the Vikings and we can never have nice things...

Flores and Desai were only for Rooney rule interviews (two candidates of color needed) and they had Pettine in mind all along.

A part of me thinks this because I've been a Vikings fan since 1998 and that's what we've been programmed to think.

I've been a continuous Vikings fan since 1987 (I dropped them for the LA Rams for a couple years before that because of the Les Steckel fiasco) and even I'm not that conditioned.  You were just spoiled.  🤣😉