Donatell fired, who might be our next DC? (Evero to CAR, p.35)

vike daddy

They should have just switched to Pettine last season then.  It couldn’t have gotten any worst than it was.  I could see them doing something that silly too - hiring Pettine as if they didn’t have that option during this past season where we stubbornly kept Donatell in.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Since we haven't heard anything since the interviews have concluded, it makes sense to think that Brian Flores is target #1, and they are waiting to see how the Arizona job plays out.

I think there’s more to it than that. I think the report about the team waiting to see what happens with Evero has legs. 

44 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

With the two week break, i think Philly/KC/Cinny coaches are allowed to interview for other positions now

Only if they’ve had initial interviews. If they haven’t had a first interview yet, then a team would need to wait until after the Super Bowl. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

So the Vikings competition for Desai or Flores.  

Denver Broncos HC and DC
Arizona Cardinals HC and DC
Indianapolis Colts HC and DC
Houston Texans HC and DC

Most likely Ryans goes to Houston, maybe he takes Desai with him there.  Fangio is out to Miami, could easily see Flores getting the head job maybe in Arizona or Denver.

Will be interesting who goes where, because if Desai and Flores are out not many options left now.  In all honest Lou Anarumo the Bengals DC should be the HC in Indy, Arizona or Denver.  

I could also see the Vikings not having guts enough to hire Brian Flores, would love his edge on the D but my guess is their #1 guys is Desai with his academic background and communication style which I would be fine with as well.

20 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

So the Vikings competition for Desai or Flores.  

Denver Broncos HC and DC
Arizona Cardinals HC and DC
Indianapolis Colts HC and DC
Houston Texans HC and DC

Most likely Ryans goes to Houston, maybe he takes Desai with him there.  Fangio is out to Miami, could easily see Flores getting the head job maybe in Arizona or Denver.

Will be interesting who goes where, because if Desai and Flores are out not many options left now.  In all honest Lou Anarumo the Bengals DC should be the HC in Indy, Arizona or Denver.  

I could also see the Vikings not having guts enough to hire Brian Flores, would love his edge on the D but my guess is their #1 guys is Desai with his academic background and communication style which I would be fine with as well.

How does Ryans "take" Desai with him? Does he know Desai? Have they coached together before? 

No one else left has interviewed Desai for the DC role; so what you're saying is just conjecture at this moment.

I imagine, since there has not been a hire yet, that Flores is their #1 option. And that they are waiting on the Cardinals HC job to settle before Flores makes a decision.

Or, they are waiting to see what happens with Evero before making a decision. 

• Like 1