Donatell fired, who might be our next DC? (Evero to CAR, p.35)

vike daddy

26 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

This was sort of more a broad statement, not as much of just Flores. It would really be the next coach. If you had Flores for a year or two, and you can in house promote the next DC, and keep that continuing. 

You’re likely not going to just pump out new ones every year. That just doesn’t happen. 

I’m more or less talking about what some of the better head coaches in the league have done. Reid, McVay, Billichick. In reality you should even go back to Holmgren and Gruden. 

Well, Holmgren and Gruden (along with Denny) came from Bill Walsh.  

Do we know if the Vikings have done these interviews via Zoom, or in person?

I just had assumed with the brevity of the list of candidates, and how they have been consistent in announcing interviews completed the past 3 days, they were all done in person.

But I don't know for sure.

8 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Do we know if the Vikings have done these interviews via Zoom, or in person?

I just had assumed with the brevity of the list of candidates, and how they have been consistent in announcing interviews completed the past 3 days, they were all done in person.

But I don't know for sure.

I would assume Zoom. 

4 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Mike Pettine’s defense is a shell again…. Has been everywhere…. I’m not in for that. 

As someone who watched the Pettine defense up close and personal.....you do not want that.

He defends grass.  He does not attack.  He does not dictate.  He plays it soft up front and says, "It takes longer to walk to Miami than it does to fly."

So you will give up mega yards.  Mega.  Then he will get stingy and creative around the goalline and hope to keep scores to field goals.

He gets his "stops" via offensive penalties or plain flat out QB stupidity.

It is a very frustrating defense to watch.  It just bleeds out yards and points.  Slowly.  Which means, your offense can be on the sidelines for a very long time.

Now...if you get a two score lead?  Then he can become a little more aggressive.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Easier and it’s just standard OP at this point. 

If they had like 5-8 candidates, that is what I would assume as well. And then bring their top 2 or 3 to HQs.

But with such a short list, I had assumed this was the "final" in person round.