Justin Jefferson: What more in Year 4?

vike daddy

My wife and I have gotten into a real kick of watching the Jeffersons lately.  It's funny how things they talked about still exist today.  It's also funny that the only ones still alive are Florence and Norman Lear.  

It's hard to think of something that JJ needs to get better at, but I would like to see him be able to stretch the field a little more.  He's certainly awesome on the short and intermediate routes, and can turn them into long gains, but I'd maybe like to see him stretch it further...but, that may not be possible since he doesn't have the downfield speed that some others have.  

• Like 2

A full offseason of work in the offense with TJ hopefully will give KOC some idea on how to scheme JJ open farther down field. 

It would be ridiculous not to expect some regression from JJ this upcoming season. But then again, we thought that same thing in years two and three. So...

I too would like to see him establish himself more in the red zone. 

• Like 1

Jefferson currently has an average salary of $3.5 million. Here’s what the top 5 WRs are currently making:

1. Tyreek Hill, Miami Dolphins: $30 million
2. Davante Adams, Las Vegas Raiders: $28 million
3. DeAndre Hopkins, Arizona Cardinals: $27.3 million
4. Cooper Kupp, Los Angeles Rams: $26.7 million
5. A.J. Brown, Philadelphia Eagles: $25 million

bleedpurple.com

Vikings players that have won NFL Offensive Player of the Year = Fran Tarkenton (1975) and Adrian Peterson (2012).

Vikings players that have won NFL MVP = Alan Page (1971), Fran Tarkenton (1975) & Adrian Peterson (2012).

Justin Jefferson is currently a finalist for both.

vikings.com

fun fact: Page winning league MVP was the first time a defensive player had, he was that good. has it happened again, other than Lawrence taylor?

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Vikings players that have won NFL Offensive Player of the Year = Fran Tarkenton (1975) and Adrian Peterson (2012).

Vikings players that have won NFL MVP = Alan Page (1971), Fran Tarkenton (1975) & Adrian Peterson (2012).

Justin Jefferson is currently a finalist for both.

vikings.com

fun fact: Page winning league MVP was the first time a defensive player had, he was that good. has it happened again, other than Lawrence taylor?

No, they are the only 2 defensive players to be named MVP.  Although Mark Moseley was named MVP in 1982 as a kicker.

• Like 1