TE Talk

nicfre2011

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I think I’m going to let this Wisconsin football fan thing play out, especially considering I know who/which poster Ozzy used to be.

Oh so you just post and befriend fans of a single team then post constantly in a thread about that team like you are all best buds and based on the reaction here you are.  Congrats.  

Let me know when you and your Wisconsin buds have anything to add to the conversation.  Sorry I do not follow you or really care much about what you say because you say so little of note, you are in great company better get back in there.  

Who are the top TEs in next years draft and the year beyond that, oh that is right, you have no idea and would struggle to come up with names on your own merit.  Way to go, when you say nothing then of course no one can really say anything about it can they.  Pretty easy spot to be, maybe get back to liking animated gifs, those are pretty cool.  

giphy.gif

TWzD.gif

ElementaryAdmiredFlickertailsquirrel-max

Maybe I should do that more often, real content I am providing now, that was as hard as playing TE at 6-6 250.  

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Every coach or gm asked about it has always said TE is one of the toughest positions to learn/transition into.

The number of 1st round picks who have busted is insane.

Asked about it?  When was this exactly?

Pro bowl rates over 25 year span for 1st round picks for TEs, it was 2nd out of all positions at a 46.6% mark.  Out of 28 drafted 13 were Pro Bowlers.  Obviously a stupid stat that can be deceptive and it was not totally up to date but honestly not sure I want to go back and dig into it that far.  It is a quick example.

There is also this, but again it is out of date was around 2015 I believe but yeah TE is not like at the bottom of this list exactly for a reason.  

1st Round - OL (83%) LB (70%) TE (67%) DB (64%) QB (63%) WR (58%) RB (58%) DL (58%)

Not only do former college basketball players play TE, so do former college WRs who are bigger dudes and transition to it.  If it was so hard then why can they also accomplish the switch?  If you have the physical size and athletic ability you can do it, it is not that hard compared to let us say OL.  But sure great coaching combined with rare elite athletic ability one can do a lot of things with it.  Pretty positive DL, OL, DB and QB are all way harder positions to learn than TE, probably LB as well not to mention probably RB considering the short shelf life they have.