TE Talk

nicfre2011

14 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Unfortunately we didn't get to see Kincaid but I feel like Washington moved above Mayer today and is either TE 1 or 2 in this draft depending on how you view Kincaid.

Mayer is such a stud receiver compared to DW, I think Mayer still has to be TE1.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Laporta is a tank

And plays like that were what he constantly had to deal with. Zero other receiving threats around him, and a QB who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn 10 yards away... Put him in a real offense and his numbers would have been unreal.

16 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Unfortunately we didn't get to see Kincaid but I feel like Washington moved above Mayer today and is either TE 1 or 2 in this draft depending on how you view Kincaid.

That'd be a mistake IMO. Mayer is definitely TE1 for me, followed by Kincaid. I would understand drafting Washington because of his blocking skills and untapped potential but I feel like people are down on Mayer for no reason. The guy's so well rounded and pro-ready as they come for the position. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MagicMT said:

That'd be a mistake IMO. Mayer is definitely TE1 for me, followed by Kincaid. I would understand drafting Washington because of his blocking skills and untapped potential but I feel like people are down on Mayer for no reason. The guy's so well rounded and pro-ready as they come for the position. 

PFF currently has Kincaid #25, Mayer #28, and Musgrave #33. In a cluster of eight picks like that, it becomes a matter of taste and need. Kincaid is the best receiver, Mayer has the highest floor and most complete package, Musgrave has the best tools.

Most years any of the three would be the hands down #1 in the group. Half a round down is LaPorta who may  have the highest upside. This year, someone like Kraft may not go before day #3. 

25 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

PFF currently has Kincaid #25, Mayer #28, and Musgrave #33. In a cluster of eight picks like that, it becomes a matter of taste and need. Kincaid is the best receiver, Mayer has the highest floor and most complete package, Musgrave has the best tools.

Most years any of the three would be the hands down #1 in the group. Half a round down is LaPorta who may  have the highest upside. This year, someone like Kraft may not go before day #3. 

Yeah Kraft should have waited till 2024, he would have been the #1 TE arguably behind Bowers and made more money.  This group is so deep and talented, someone will get a steal with Kraft because yeah he will probably fall to day 3.

Kuntz I feel wowed at the combine at that size, he should be a lock day two and Darnell Washington I would take in the 1st round all day with how he looked at the combine.  Best and most complete TE in the draft.  Mayer is getting underrated, little short compared to all the giant TEs but Mayer has been a star for three years in a row now.  

Musgrave has a ton of upside and athletic ability but no way I would take him over Darnell Washington.  

34 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah Kraft should have waited till 2024, he would have been the #1 TE arguably behind Bowers and made more money.  This group is so deep and talented, someone will get a steal with Kraft because yeah he will probably fall to day 3.

Kuntz I feel wowed at the combine at that size, he should be a lock day two and Darnell Washington I would take in the 1st round all day with how he looked at the combine.  Best and most complete TE in the draft.  Mayer is getting underrated, little short compared to all the giant TEs but Mayer has been a star for three years in a row now.  

Musgrave has a ton of upside and athletic ability but no way I would take him over Darnell Washington.  

I'm hoping that the Chiefs can afford to take him at #95 (they gave up the  #100 pick for some skinny WR named Tony Kadaris or something like that). 

Washington excels at only one thing but he's really good at that. He fit right in with the Bavaros and Brueners in the day.

29 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I'm hoping that the Chiefs can afford to take him at #95 (they gave up the  #100 pick for some skinny WR named Tony Kadaris or something like that). 

Washington excels at only one thing but he's really good at that. He fit right in with the Bavaros and Brueners in the day.

I disagree, Washington could be an awesome pass catching option and is hell to cover.  He will be a more productive pass catcher in the NFL than he was in college.  Given NFL coaching he should become a monster TE.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I disagree, Washington could be an awesome pass catching option and is hell to cover.  He will be a more productive pass catcher in the NFL than he was in college.  Given NFL coaching he should become a monster TE.  

Kittle was drafted as a blocker. Bavaro could catch passes.