kingseanjohn

Who wins?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bengals
    • Chiefs
    • America
    • Carl Cheffers… please not Cheffers

The Bengals offensive talent tends to expose average defenses....I can't imagine the Chiefs stopping them this week, similar to how they haven't really stopped them the past three games (minus a half)

The thing that stopped the Bengals from scoring 40 in those games is Mahomes and the offense possessing the ball and driving down field. But Mahomes is hobbled and the Bengals defense has fared well against him for stretches when he's fully healthy...

I think this is a case where the obvious happens (Mahomes struggling with the injury) and the Bengals might win this one by 20+

• Like 1

The thing about HAS - playing through it during the game is do-able that game.   But the swelling only gets worse initially.    Even if Mahomes plays (which I’d say is a 75-80 percent chance) he’s going to be even more limited mobility-wise than this past week.   If he was a RB/WR/D player he’d be out 4-6 weeks.    As a statue QB (or IOL with limited mobility) you can play - but with a heavy tape job, tons of painkillers (Toradol load coming up) and likely no real practice time.   So it’s massive to say the least.  

DC Amarumo has been great at exploiting best matchups - unlike JAX I think he’ll look to take Kelce out and stack the short area.    As long as Hendrickson / Hubbard can keep up und pressure and DJ Reader can provide the run anchor D and inside push, this is an ideal setup.    They don’t have to scheme for Mahomes escaping or extending the play.  I’d expect KC to hammer the run and short pass game to get the ball out quickly but CIN to actually counter for these plans (unlike JAX who were still playing off coverage to limit deep shots that KC wasn’t interested in taking post-injury).  

On the flip side KC has to get to Burrow because that secondary can be beat without early pressure.    They can get takeaways if the pressure gets there but they are big play prone too.    

KC can def still win but I give the edge to CIN.   Should still be a great game so long as he plays.   

Edited by Broncofan

3 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Never seen a scrub think so highly of himself like Eli Apple. Dude really thinks he plays a major part of them winning lol.

Dude is going nuts on Josh Allen n Diggs too on his Twitter. He's just a clown. 

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2023/01/24/eli-apple-tweet-makes-fun-stefon-diggs-damar-hamlin-cancun-on-3/69834773007/

*The link was posted to show the summary of his nonsense, I dunno if he was poking at Hamlin or not. 

4 hours ago, AAA1980 said:

Line moved from Chiefs favored by 2.5 to the Bengals favored by 1.

Vegas somehow usually knows more about these injuries then anyone else and feels Mahomes ankle is  really bad 

The line moving had nothing to do with secret injury news, and everything to do with the fact that literally everyone was betting on Cincy.

5 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Dude is going nuts on Josh Allen n Diggs too on his Twitter. He's just a clown. 

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2023/01/24/eli-apple-tweet-makes-fun-stefon-diggs-damar-hamlin-cancun-on-3/69834773007/

*The link was posted to show the summary of his nonsense, I dunno if he was poking at Hamlin or not. 

As a Bengals fan, yes, yes he is.  Need Awuzie back healthy next year, I think we got one in Cam Taylor-Britt this year, and I wouldn't mind see a CB in rd 1 next year.  Only reason I didn't hate us bringing him back is because we got him on the cheap again.  As a cheap CB4 (has had to start because of injuries), you can do worse, but man I hate his attitude.

20 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Bengals have faced 2 of the most boring and uncreative passing attacks you'll ever see, and now they face the Chiefs.

On the other side though, the Bengals have the Chiefs' number and Mahomes is gimpy. It's so frustrating to say this, but it looks like the Bengals will once again lose in the Superbowl this year.

I know they’re division rivals but that’s some pretty wild disrespect lol

so now the bills have a boring passing attack? Not what’s I’ve heard all year. But it couldn’t be the bengals D that stopped that 😆 

High ankle sprains usually take guys out for multiple weeks if not longer. If this was Week 7 than Mahomes probably sits out a few games. AFCCG, you go all in. But, its hard to think this won't affect him significantly. And the Bengals DC seems to do well against Mahomes even when he's healthy

Because of that, i think the Bengals win. Something like 30-20 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

High ankle sprains usually take guys out for multiple weeks if not longer. If this was Week 7 than Mahomes probably sits out a few games. AFCCG, you go all in. But, its hard to think this won't affect him significantly. And the Bengals DC seems to do well against Mahomes even when he's healthy

Because of that, i think the Bengals win. Something like 30-20 

Yeah and just because Reid said it’s not as bad as last time means nothing.

If it’s worse he’s not gonna come out and say it and make his QB even more of a target during the  game.

Plus last time he had it he was playing the Raiders. He could probably play well on a wheelchair on the Raiders D

• Like 2