Who wins?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bengals
    • Chiefs
    • America
    • Carl Cheffers… please not Cheffers

23 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

So few people understand that betting lines are a reflection of bettor patterns; not of secret Vegas guys getting the inside scoops on player health.

That’s true except when Vegas takes a stand against line movement.   Then they are backing their models / insider info.   It only happens about 10 percent of the time but it deserves mention.   

Having said that it’s not the case so far - action is heavily on the Bengals.   

The other myth - public is wrong most of the time.   The public lines aren’t always wrong, it’s more of a 50-50 split.   But because heavily backed teams can get >70% of the action in extreme cases - 50-50 or even 55-45 means the books clean up.    But it’s also why if you’re with the public, better to get in early than late - better spreads / ML odds negates a lot of the negative CLV than betting just before game time.  

• Like 1

Some people in the media  are now trying to spin the injury as a positive saying Mahomes now won’t play hero ball he’ll kill the Bengals with short throws from the pocket..

The Bengals D coordinator is very good im sure if he sees Mahomes can’t throw deep and is trying to pick them apart with short passes he’ll do what it takes to stop the short passes and make him throw deep..

I don’t expect Mahomes to play awful I think he’s amazing and we’ll find ways to make some plays but is compromised enough to where  he’ll  make enough mistakes and be inaccurate enough at times against a good defense and great coordinator  to where I favor the Bengals overall.

Edited by AAA1980
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yes? Did you watch the Bills down the stretch? It was awful.

I believe cinci had the 3rd hardest schedule this season. There’s no denying how dominant they are. Plus, they kind of own the north for the foreseeable future so, I understand your aggravation lol

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

The Bengals approach to playing Mahomes has been to rush 3 and drop 8. In order to keep him from doing off script freestyle playmaking. KC should have much more in their playbook to attack that anyway, but especially with Mahomes injured. I'm interested to see what they do 

I’m sure the Bengals will try to stop the short game and force Mahomes to try to go deep to beat them if he starts off well on short passes.

This isn’t the Jaguars who didn’t change anything on D even after Mahomes got hurt 

Oh boy, the Bengals pass rush against a hobbled Mahomes? Not looking good. Mahomes does have a much better line than Buffalo, so I doubt he'll face the pressure Allen did. Still, it won't be easy. I just hope he lights up Apple. 

I thought I'd root for the Bengals, but their team talks a lot of smack, and that's turned me into a petty little bastard, haha. I'll be rooting for the Chiefs this week as long as my buddy (who's a Chiefs fan) doesn't run his mouth too much. I ❤️ the pettiness sports can bring out.

Edited by WizeGuy

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

You have to game plan as if Mahomes is 100%.  I doubt he'll be feeling his ankle at all on Sunday between wraps, treatment, and cortisone shots.

This would usually be at least a 2-4 week injury you can shoot him up with whatever you want but when he tries to plant and throw especially deep he is gonna be compromised and is gonna feel it.

Edited by AAA1980