2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

What are the Raiders going to do? Sign Jimmy G? If they don't get Rogers then what? Rogers going to the AFC to play LAC and KC 2x a year makes no sense. You'd rather face one guy in Allen. Dolphins have huge question marks. Pats are gnats that shouldn't even be an NFL franchise anymore. I'm going to the Jets (they have the higher pick to trade too) if I'm Rogers. Two year deal, but really a one year and then retire (unless he has a monster year and the team loses despite his stellar play).

Edited by WheatieMan

12 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

What are the Raiders going to do? Sign Jimmy G? If they don't get Rogers then what? Rogers going to the AFC to play LAC and KC 2x a year makes no sense. You'd rather face one guy in Allen. Dolphins have huge question marks. Pats are gnats that shouldn't even be an NFL franchise anymore. I'm going to the Jets (they have the higher pick to trade too) if I'm Rogers. Two year deal, but really a one year and then retire (unless he has a monster year and the team loses despite his stellar play).

This off-season the Raiders have been linked with Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Jimmy Garoppolo, Mac Jones, Jacoby Brissett, Gardner Minshew and all the potentially decent rookies in this draft class. Safe to say nobody has a clue what they’ll do.

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Trey Wingo doesn’t know anything.

He's connected to Rodgers somehow. He's the one who broke in 2021 that Rodgers returning to GB meant Randall Cobb was going to be traded to us from Houston. The Athletic reporter for your team also confirmed Wingo's tweet. 

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's connected to Rodgers somehow. He's the one who broke in 2021 that Rodgers returning to GB meant Randall Cobb was going to be traded to us from Houston. The Athletic reporter for your team also confirmed Wingo's tweet. 

Would have never expected Wingo to get the scoop. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Rodgers / Jets thing seems to be picking up steam. I'm assuming the jets need to get it done before free agency if they are going to do it, so they need to get it going. 

Agreed. There's really no other landing spot for Rodgers that makes sense and and GB seems to want to move on and see what they have in Love (and/or tank for the next QB). With FA coming up, I don't think either team is going to want to be extra patient with Rodgers' attention seeking.

1 minute ago, Teen Girl Squad said:
22 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Rodgers / Jets thing seems to be picking up steam. I'm assuming the jets need to get it done before free agency if they are going to do it, so they need to get it going. 

Agreed. There's really no other landing spot for Rodgers that makes sense and and GB seems to want to move on and see what they have in Love (and/or tank for the next QB). With FA coming up, I don't think either team is going to want to be extra patient with Rodgers' attention seeking.

It feels like the holdup is with Rodgers. He’s being his typical self in deciding this…

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Forge said:

How often does a team/player fail to work out an extension, the player hits free agency, and then comes back to the team?  I can't remember that happening all that much.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

How often does a team/player fail to work out an extension, the player hits free agency, and then comes back to the team?  I can't remember that happening all that much.

Agree that I think its pretty rare. And when it does happen, i feel like it's almost always short term because that player's market just didn't come together so they want to take another crack at it asap. 

But generally speaking, if they aren't locked up by tampering period, I assume that they are gone.