What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

What if the Jets are offering a 7th rounder as compensation? Would the Packers still be petty over not accepting that deal? I fully support the Packers getting what they think an asset such as Rodgers is worth. They don’t need to trade him

If the alternative is forcing arguably the best player in franchise history into early retirement? Yeah.

If there was an option for Rodgers to return, then of course don’t trade him for anything less than you think he’s worth. The Packers decided to move on — would you support the Packers telling him his career is over because they wouldn’t budge on value?

Just now, NJC33 said:

If the alternative is forcing arguably the best player in franchise history into early retirement? Yeah.

If there was an option for Rodgers to return, then of course don’t trade him for anything less than you think he’s worth. The Packers decided to move on — would you support the Packers telling him his career is over because they wouldn’t budge on value?

That wouldn't be the Packers fault, that's the Jets. We're not forced to sell off the commodity if they Jets aren't serious in their offer. You want him? Pay for price. You already forked 44m over for Lazard and flew across the country while all the other QBs on the market signed. You have no options.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Nope, they won't let that happen. Whether he's on the roster or not at that point it won't overshadow the team.

Sorry, there’s literally no way in which this drags out and isn’t the talking point of every major media outlet. Rodgers potentially forced into retirement?! Will he backup Love?! 

Obviously the Jets would catch their fair share of heat too. The story would dominate the narrative surrounding both teams, no way around it becoming a distraction.

Edit: Forget the media. You don’t think Rodgers himself would raise hell?

Edited by NJC33

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

If they get a dialed-in Rodgers, the Jets will be right in it in the AFC. I'll probably be rooting for them (unless we get a future 1st, then I'll be rooting for a total implosion)

Edited by incognito_man

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

What if the Jets are offering a 7th rounder as compensation? Would the Packers still be petty over not accepting that deal? I fully support the Packers getting what they think an asset such as Rodgers is worth. They don’t need to trade him

Take it from a fan of a team who's front office thought they didn't "need" to trade players who wanted out. Just take the best offer and move on. We ended up passing on a first for Kirk Cousins and one for Trent Williams and in the end walked away with:

Kirk Cousins=Compensation 3rd round pick

Trent Williams= 3rd and 5th

5 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

I’m not giving him away for nothing. Yes, I’d force him into retirement. Great QB…but the guy is a POS, I’d do him no favors. It’s very likely that the Jets don’t have competition to begin with because Rodgers is boss hogging his way to the team he wants. 

1 minute ago, NJC33 said:

Sorry, there’s literally no way in which this drags out and isn’t the talking point of every major media outlet. Rodgers potentially forced into retirement?! Will he backup Love?! 

Obviously the Jets would catch their fair share of heat too. The story would dominate the narrative surrounding both teams, no way around it becoming a distraction.

Not sure what the media has to do with team operations.

It will be a media story, but it won't impact the actual team.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Take it from a fan of a team who's front office thought they didn't "need" to trade players who wanted out. Just take the best offer and move on. We ended up passing on a first for Kirk Cousins and one for Trent Williams and in the end walked away with:

Kirk Cousins=Compensation 3rd round pick

Trent Williams= 3rd and 5th

Do you think that the Packers are passing on a 1st right now? I don’t. They are probably passing on something closer to what you got for Cousins