What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

It's a virtual guarantee that another team will be interested if Rodgers is still available in August.

So much schit happens. Injuries, trades, missing out on the draft, legal issues, hold-outs, etc etc.

The "worst-case" for GB involves a cheap 25yr old QB beating out Aaron Rodgers for the starting gig and carrying a silly expensive (but still sunk cost) back-up QB. 

If you were an actual business person, you're 1000x happier carrying excess talent at a sunk cost than you are having NO viable option to compete. 

It feels like about 30% of the people here can see the reality. Maybe it's more and the the other side is just noisier. Hard to tell.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Jets aren't bidding against anyone and they aren't paying for past MVP seasons.  Go look at Ryan's stats the year before he was traded.  They aren't that different than what Rodgers just put up.  Ryan was younger but not the same player as Rodgers no question.  Only one of them was 90% retired though.

The year before Ryan was throwing for 4,500 yards so it's the same argument you are trying to make with Rodgers, lok at what he did 2 years ago.

Is Rodgers going for just a 3rd probably not, is he going for a 1st no probably not.  He's a 1-year rental until proven otherwise.  No organization is giving up #13 for a 1-year rental no matter who it is.  Rodgers could fall off a cliff too, I'm on the assumption there were other factors in his down year but he's 40 not 35-36 so it's a fair question.

Well Ryan is a free agent so why not just go sign him and keep all of your draft capital if the difference is negligible? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

The Texans did it with Watson. It’s not outside the realm of possibilities. And it’s the correct play of the Jets expect Rodgers to be given to them. All it takes is one injury to change the level of competition significantly. There’s no urgency to move him today 

I agree with what you're saying, but I also don't see this as an apples to apples comparison.

58 minutes ago, sinceAtikevike said:

Is it good process for GB to hope for a second team to enter the store due to injury (after Rodgers said he wants NYJ anyway)?

It wouldn't just have to be a QB injury. It would have to be a contending team that doesn't have much money tied up at the QB position where Rodgers is willing to play.

Only two teams fit the bill. NE and SF. (Unless someone can think of another). Cant see BB trading for Rodgers if his QB situation goes down the tube. So that leaves SF a team Rodgers would for sure accept. And they would have to beat the Jets current offer. If Purdy doesn't get healthy and their other QBs go down, maybe…

Miami would have made sense but they picked up Tua’s contract. Had they not, and he got hurt, they likely look to trade for him. 

Edited by SDotNova

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I agree with what you're saying, but I also don't see this as an apples to apples comparison.

I agree but there will never to be an exact 1:1 on these types of issues. But it is an option. Id argue that the Jets need Rodgers as bad as the Packers need to get rid of him…maybe more so. The Packers could win with Rodgers on the bench because Love might still be a competent NFC North QB. If the Jets don’t have Rodgers, they are toast. They aren’t running in the AFC with what they have…even with the fancy bells and whistles. 

6 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I would only trade a 2 and Zach Wilson for Rodgers if I could get away with it. But the Packers can basically name their price after what Rodgers said yesterday.

I’d love Zach Wilson in a Packer jersey 

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

This was one of the dumbest takes I’ve ever seen on this board

Did you miss earlier when someone also said that the Packers are in control of Rodgers’ retirement? 

There’s plenty, lol.

Those saying the Jets have all the leverage aren’t quite that level of crazy, but they’re just one step below.

17 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Remember last week when people said Rodgers would demand a FRP from the Jets, because he wouldn’t allow the trade for anything less?

One of the craziest takes I’ve ever heard from any fanbase. It was at that time that I knew this would be a **** show.

We spent a week talking about Rodgers ego. 😂

Edited by SDotNova