What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

4 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Fans of teams always overrate what they think their player will get. I remember 49ers fans thinking teams were gonna trade first round picks for Jimmy when they drafted Trey Lance. Obviously this situation is very different, but Rodgers is old, his contract is big, his off-field behaviour has been bizarre, his on-field demeanour has been questionable and if there's only one team in on Rodgers it'll drive the price down significantly. 

It's the opposite, actually. Very attractive cap hits for a trading partner.

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

Being in contention and legit Super Bowl contenders are two different things to me; LAC and Baltimore are in contention, whoever wins the AFCS is in contention. Depending on which Deshaun Watson shows up, Cleveland is contention. If the Sean Payton/Russell Wilson pairing brings DangeRUSS back, Denver is in contention. You’re right in saying an Aaron Rodgers-led Jets are in contention.

The only three teams in the AFC that are legit Super Bowl contenders? Buffalo, KC and Cincy. 

The Jets beat and the probably could have beaten the Bills twice last year with pitiful QB play.  If BUF is Superbowl contenders then the Jets with Rodgers sure as hell are too.

KC might lose their all pro LT, Mixon just shot a kid and look to be losing their best S.  Anything can happen in the NFL so I find it hard to believe a team with a top 5 defense, plenty of fire power on offense lead by Rodgers couldn't represent the AFC.  The Jets could very well go the LAR route and sell out for 2 years even furthering their talent and depth.  The offseason hasn't even begun yet so I bit early to claim who is and isn't Superbowl contenders.

Edit: Right on que reports coming out about BUF losing Poyer and Edmunds surface.  See things change rapidly.

Edited by Rockice_8

17 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I guess that’s why there’s been such a stampede for his services 

The cap hits aren't enormous, but its still $100M cash over the next 2 years that need to be paid out, if I'm not mistaken. Seems disingenuous to say that the contract isn't big.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, incognito_man said:

best breakdown of the situation i've seen:

Eisen asks Banner what kind of package it would take to get Rodgers.

Banner answers something like, "Well, there's what SHOULD happen versus what WILL happen."

When pressed on it he goes on to say that it is about rebuilding.  You expect to be down for a year, improve in year two and year three you are ready to go.  

So...things aren't going well over there right now for the HC and GM because their QB didn't work out.  Banner says it isn't like they are trading their picks, they are likely trading the next GM and coaches picks, so do what needs to be done to get the deal done to save your jobs.

For everyone out there that hasn't seen this interview, it is probably the best, most honest football talk out there.  Banner is just excellent to listen to.  That clip cannot be oversold, it is that good.

• Like 1

I don't think people should get caught up with trade value, this isn't about trade value or what the Packers could get out of this. This is about Rodgers and what does he want to do. Obviously, when a team allows another team to talk to a player on their team to recruit that player, they probably have something worked out or the trade isn't a issue. It's coming down to what Rodgers wants to do, if he wants to retire or go play for the Jets. 

The Packers could take him back too, but all reports are saying that the Packers want to move on and go with Love. So, I highly doubt this is some massive trade that would happen. I doubt it includes 1st round picks, maybe a conditional 1st in 2024, but I doubt it. This is not that kind of trade where the Packers are going to land all these 1sts, they made it known they want to move on. A team who allows another team to talk to their player, tells you that they are ready to move on.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

I don't think people should get caught up with trade value, this isn't about trade value or what the Packers could get out of this. This is about Rodgers and what does he want to do. Obviously, when a team allows another team to talk to a player on their team to recruit that player, they probably have something worked out or the trade isn't a issue. It's coming down to what Rodgers wants to do, if he wants to retire or go play for the Jets. 

The Packers could take him back too, but all reports are saying that the Packers want to move on and go with Love. So, I highly doubt this is some massive trade that would happen. I doubt it includes 1st round picks, maybe a conditional 1st in 2024, but I doubt it. This is not that kind of trade where the Packers are going to land all these 1sts, they made it known they want to move on. A team who allows another team to talk to their player, tells you that they are ready to move on.  

Have you convinced yourself of all this after typing it out :)

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

9 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Fans of teams always overrate what they think their player will get. I remember 49ers fans thinking teams were gonna trade first round picks for Jimmy when they drafted Trey Lance. Obviously this situation is very different, but Rodgers is old, his contract is big, his off-field behaviour has been bizarre, his on-field demeanour has been questionable and if there's only one team in on Rodgers it'll drive the price down significantly. 

There’s always this hope that you can get haul of picks. The hope of the unknown I guess.

Based on reliable insiders, Rodgers is deciding between retiring and playing for the Jets. The Jets are trying their best to convince him to play.

I’ve read GB fans suggest that Rodgers will negotiate on behalf of GB to leave on good terms with the fans and to pacify his ego. Saying, no way will Rodgers allow himself to get traded for anything less than two 1st. That’s some other level type of hope.

The longer this drags out, the more I believe he will just retire.

Edited by SDotNova

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Garafolo is saying the exact opposite right now that GB is ready to take a reasonable offer and move on.

If that’s the case then what Rodgers is truly unsure if he wants to play or he’s waiting for another team to jump in? You’d think he would have already decided on playing 100% before even meeting with the Jets

• Like 1