What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

1 minute ago, malak1 said:

For the Jets, will this trade be judged solely on whether or not they win a Super Bowl with Rodgers as QB? I've got to think the answer is yes. Super Bowl or bust. 

Absolutely they are making this move to put themselves in contention to win a Super Bowl, not just their division.

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Absolutely they are making this move to put themselves in contention to win a Super Bowl, not just their division.

It'll be interesting to see how much of their future they mortgage with this move. It worked for the Rams, so who knows. Also, Rodgers winning a title for that franchise would be pretty legendary, but him failing to do so would be even funnier for me. Lol. 

Give up a 24' 1st and this year's 2nd. Pretty easy decision. Make the 24' 1st conditional on total number of games played, snaps, or what not, to protect themselves. That 24' pick will either be 28-32 or 40-48. It's not a huge difference.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, malak1 said:

It'll be interesting to see how much of their future they mortgage with this move. It worked for the Rams, so who knows. Also, Rodgers winning a title for that franchise would be pretty legendary, but him failing to do so would be even funnier for me. Lol. 

What would be funnier would be the Jets getting their first ever win in franchise history against the Eagles in the Super Bowl. As a Cowboy fan, I may take that as next best scenario than us winning it.

Edit: They play them at home in the regular season, so that game would have to be a loss for the above scenario to work.

Edited by WheatieMan

Saleh and company are also in "win now" mode, so mortgaging their future on a gamble is about their only option here. And to be fair, they have a promising young core with a very solid defense. If Rodgers is even playing mediocre football like he did this past year, he'll make them a playoff team instantly.

47 minutes ago, malak1 said:

I'd be rooting for him in the AFC. With Wilson gone that team is likeable enough and it would be cool for his legacy to see him win another one. I'd probably root for him against everyone but GB (if they make it there far). 

Otherwise would definitely be rooting for them to get the number one pick if we own it :)

26 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I feel like the return for Rodgers isn't going to be as enormous as Packer fans predict. 

Which packer fans specifically? There's just as wide of a range of thoughts amongst Packer fans as there are fans of every other team.

1 minute ago, General Tso said:

Been saying this the whole time, don't bid against yourself.

The Jets want him but have to pony up serious cash and Green Bay wants rid of him. Doesn’t point to a boat load but we will see.

Edited by goldfishwars
  • Like 2

One year of zombie Matt Ryan was worth a 3rd, one year of putrid Carson Wentz was worth a 5 spot bump in the 2nd, two 3rds and a 7th. 

One year of Rodgers is worth a 1st. It's pretty obvious, two years is worth as much as 2 firsts. Packer fans are not expecting a boatload, but #13 and a conditional pick in 2024 based on if Rodgers plays and if the Jets are successful.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd be pretty floored if this trade involved pick #13 

I think 98% of us are on that same page. Anyone else is spinning their own logic.

• Like 2