What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Or retire.  Which if you believe Jets' fans is the only other option.  If the options are to trade Rodgers for peanuts or have Rodgers retire, the Packers' FO probably prefers the latter tbh.

The Packers do not have a say in whether Aaron Rodgers retires. That is not an option for them, that is an option for Aaron.

The option the Packers have is to trade him.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

For someone close to WI it's pretty laughable you're not factoring in Aaron's ego. Of course that wouldn't be presented in negotiations I didn't think I'd have to stipulate something that was so common sense based.

There's no forcing GB to trade Rodgers, we simply say to Aaron, sorry man, they aren't offering up close to what you're worth. What do you want to do? Re-work that contract and come back or retire?

If you think Aaron is going to rework his deal of the Packers are holding him hostage, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.  Aaron is and has been in full control.  If Aaron wants to go to the Jets, he's going to the Jets and the Packers will accept whatever compensation they get and they will like it.  They'll take the ~$50M cap hit and move on and the rest of his contract becomes the Jets problem.  If Aaron wants to go to the Jets and the Packers say we're sorry but we just aren't getting enough compensation from the team that actually wants your services, Rodgers will say cool, I'll see you in TC and hijack every bit of coverage you get between now and then with the is Rodgers retiring talk, all the while eating up that cap space and dining out on the $35M bonus you have to pay me to keep my cap hit reasonable this year.  

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Or retire.  Which if you believe Jets' fans is the only other option.  If the options are to trade Rodgers for peanuts or have Rodgers retire, the Packers' FO probably prefers the latter tbh.

So not only is it the Packers’ decision on whether or not Rodgers retires or plays, but they’d also prefer to get nothing for him rather than getting some picks in t return? And not only that, but Rodgers also wants his new team to give resources to his old team?

I want what this guy’s having.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

So not only is it the Packers’ decision on whether or not Rodgers retires or plays, but they’d also prefer to get nothing for him rather than getting some picks in t return? And not only that, but Rodgers also wants his new team to give resources to his old team?

I want what this guy’s having.

Unless you truly believe Rodgers' ego is willing to be set aside and compete for the starting QB job with Jordan Love, returning to Green Bay isn't an option at this point.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Unless you truly believe Rodgers' ego is willing to be set aside and compete for the starting QB job with Jordan Love, returning to Green Bay isn't an option at this point.

Okay, but that doesn’t answer the first part of the question. 

In what way is it the Green Bay Packers’ decision if Rodgers plays or retires? Let’s say Aaron Rodgers hits his head and has a complete personality change, now he loves Green Bay and wants to play there in 2023 - how do they force him into retirement against his will?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

In what way is it the Green Bay Packers’ decision if Rodgers plays or retires? Let’s say Aaron Rodgers hits his head and has a complete personality change, now he loves Green Bay and wants to play there in 2023 - how do they force him into retirement against his will?

Being traded to the Jets will do that to you.

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Jordan Love is obviously gonna bench him. Duh.

I'm sure if the Packers did that he'd respond positively and wouldn't at all **** the season up.

6 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

It seems that the packers are Totally ok with moving off Rodgers now. Like if you want him you can have him. I don’t feel that was the case 2 years ago. 

Yep, it's why they have almost all the leverage: they really and genuinely like Jordan Love.

They have two valuable assets. One of which (Aaron Rodgers) is now expendable. 

They are the party with real, actual options. Aaron and Jets will end up in the situation dictated by the GB front office.

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Jordan Love is obviously gonna bench him. Duh.

I'm sure if the Packers did that he'd respond positively and wouldn't at all **** the season up.

The leaps in imagination for you to believe: 

A) Green Bay decides Rodgers’ retirement 

B) Rodgers wants his new team to make their team worse just cuz

Is astounding, lol. But then we get “what packers fans??? Everyone in here only expects the bare minimum” and “if you disagree, you don’t know Rodgers”

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think any part of this post is true except the first paragraph.

There's no insider that says it's between retiring and playing for the Jets.  The Packers would probably be pretty pleased if Rodgers opted to retire, because they wouldn't have to deal with the optics of trading Rodgers.  Returning to Green Bay is a very real option despite your opinion otherwise.

I'm not sure any realistic Packers' fans are suggesting that Rodgers is negotiating on Green Bay's behalf, although I do think you underestimate Rodgers' ego.  And I'd be VERY surprised if Rodgers fetched 2 FRPs unless one of those was heavily conditional-based.

See the last 2hrs of this thread. Apparently Rodgers ego is so big that he will not allow trade to go through for just 2 day 2 picks. Apparently he’d rather retire.

I’m just trying to imagine how that conversation takes place:

Jets FO: Aaron, we really want you in NY. Here’s our plan.

Rodgers: What are you trading to acquire me?

Jets FO: a 2nd and a conditional pick in 2024

Rodgers: F that. I’m out. I’m worth at least what Denver traded for Russell Wilson

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

The leaps in imagination for you to believe: 

A) Green Bay decides Rodgers’ retirement 

B) Rodgers wants his new team to make their team worse just cuz

Is astounding, lol. But then we get “what packers fans??? Everyone in here only expects the bare minimum”

At a certain level, I get it. It's a 15 year relationship and no one likes to feel replaced. But yeah nobody else is gonna care how Packers fans feel about it, least of all Aaron.