What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

42 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

If the Jets don’t get Rodgers I’m trying to see what their plan is lol. Their lockeroom is openly campaigning for Rodgers and Wilson is a Jamarcus Russell level bust. They flat out can’t start him next year. 

I'm assuming they'd pivot hard for Jimmy G. Only problem is that they need to get an answer on Rodgers sooner rather than later or they'll probably miss on Jimmy too. Ryan Tannehill and Matt Stafford are also sleeper options for them later in the off season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm assuming they'd pivot hard for Jimmy G. Only problem is that they need to get an answer on Rodgers sooner rather than later or they'll probably miss on Jimmy too. Ryan Tannehill and Matt Stafford are also sleeper options for them later in the off season.

It might be good for NYJ to get some leaks to media that they are planning to bring in JimmyG once legal tampering starts.  The concept of them having a plan B might generate ...... A) a decision from Rodgers. B) an asking price adjustment from GB

9 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

If the Jets don’t get Rodgers I’m trying to see what their plan is lol. Their lockeroom is openly campaigning for Rodgers and Wilson is a Jamarcus Russell level bust. They flat out can’t start him next year. 

They’ll sign a vet and play the best QB in camp. Also if Zach’s the best QB in that scenario he’ll play. The players will have to suck it up. 

11 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I don’t think Rodgers wants to play for the Jets but I think he will because he wants to play and doesn’t have options elsewhere.

That changes after free agency and there are teams who didn't get their desired quarterback. It's like 2 o'clock at the bar. A lot more of them become pretty. 

I honestly think Rodgers wants to go to Vegas and throw to Tae again. If Jimmy G goes someplace else, they might be in play. After the Chicago trade yesterday, one more QB is going off the board before #7. 

Also, I don't think Green Bay would have worked out compensation and allowed them to meet, if Rodgers didn't give them an indication he would go there. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Having Dillon, Jones, Doubs, and Watson is a good start. They could use another WR or a legit TE though. I think someone like Darius Slayton, Adam Thielen, or DJ Chark would make a lot of sense. As would guys like Johnston, JSN, Kincaid, Mayer, etc. in the draft.

Thielen is washed but would be a nice pro's pro addition to the locker room at a low salary; I'm sure some other team will overpay him because of what he used to be. Depending on how things play out, if Hopkins is dangled GB using a draft asset to snag him might not be the worst idea. 

GB does need a good TE - Marcedes is a sledgehammer blocker but aging, Tonyan may get a big contract elsewhere, Deguara is more an H-back and is a JAG. Fortunately the need for TEs dovetails swimmingly with this draft class being hip deep in them. 

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'm just gonna warn any positive Jets fans out there. He may come back motivated to prove the Packers wrong and he'll give you one hell of a regular season, but when the playoff lights shine bright, he's going to cave. He's going to abandoned the entire offense for what he thinks is best. He's going to revert back to being the all knowing QB that can do no wrong. My only ask? Make sure the NY media kills him for it like the GB media wouldn't do so they could crawl up his *** and hope to get the next great scoop.

No doubt - if Rodgers thinks he's been jobbed or doubted, he's going to come out with his hair on fire. AND put in the offseason work I'm pretty sure he neglected last year. 

The thing I've realised about Rodgers is that his brand of "don't make the mistake" football is GREAT in the regular season, where not being stupid gets you to .500 (back when that existed) unless you're a talent-barren roster; but when you're even up vs teams, being focused on not making negative plays eliminates some chances to make big ones, the ones that swing playoff games. Rodgers used to also have the talent and arrogance that his "caution" looked pretty spectacular; nowadays, whether he isn't as confident in himself as he seems to be, or he has no confidence in his teammates, he becomes distressingly hesitant in playoff games. 

39 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Hahaha - based on what we’ve seen out of Rodgers to date I imagine he needs both teams to grovel first.

He would do wonders for the Jets and you can’t say they don’t want him there! The desperation is very clear 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 2