What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Can we acknowledge that Trey Wingo inadvertently created an "Arson Rodgers" situation?

Rich Eisen might have a heart attack live on the NFLN during this process. He's Flippin out!🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

They're getting Rodgers for maybe two, three years maximum. They're getting him because they think they can win the Super Bowl with him - not so he can take them to the divisional round. If they lose at that stage with a typical late-era Rodgers postseason performance... yeah, again, you don't know Jets fans if you think they'll be celebrating in the streets just to be there.

If the Jets made the Divisional round of the playoffs, they would be ecstatic. You can twist that into "celebrating in the streets" if you want, but that is not what I said. 

And yes, I know how ungrateful NY fans are and how ruthless they can be. They would be singing his praises in the wild card round and cursing him for them losing, but the fact remains that they would be in the post season again. Thus when the dust settled, the would be ecstatic about making it to the Divisional round. 

15 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

If they lost in the divisional round in a two or three-year rental window, if that, they would not be ecstatic, no.

Your argument is absolutely ridiculous. EVERY team wants to win it all. There are 32 teams in the NFL. There are 8 teams that make it to the divisional round. Any and all team that makes it to the divisional round should be ecstatic that they are in the top 25% of the league. The concept that a team that hasn't been to the Playoffs (not the divisional round, just making the playoffs) in 12 years, wouldn't be ecstatic about being in the top 25% of the NFL is preposterous. 

If your a fan of a team like the Chiefs who make it commonplace to not only make the playoffs, but make it deep in the playoffs, it makes sense to be complacent about the significance, but definitely not the Jets. 

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Your argument is absolutely ridiculous. EVERY team wants to win it all. There are 32 teams in the NFL. There are 8 teams that make it to the divisional round. Any and all team that makes it to the divisional round should be ecstatic that they are in the top 25% of the league. The concept that a team that hasn't been to the Playoffs (not the divisional round, just making the playoffs) in 12 years, wouldn't be ecstatic about being in the top 25% of the NFL is preposterous. 

If your a fan of a team like the Chiefs who make it commonplace to not only make the playoffs, but make it deep in the playoffs, it makes sense to be complacent about the significance, but definitely not the Jets. 

Talk to Jets fans.

Jets fan here. Depends on the trade compensation.

But how can it be super bowl or bust when KC is still the best team in the AFC? Again, depends on the trade package. But winning a game or two in the playoffs would be great. If we somehow trade 2 1st, then yea super bowl or bust. But I dont expect that trade value.

Setting KC aside,  as they are in a tier of their own, with Rodgers, are the Jets better than Buffalo and Cincy? Maybe. Maybe not.

Edited by SDotNova

17 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

No.

Yup. Right now I’d say no as well. Depending on how FA goes, we’ll be entering the season as the 4th best team in the AFC. Maybe 3rd or 2nd if we knock it out of the park in FA/Draft.

More than than anything, I think the Jets have to make the playoffs and be seen as a team with a punchers chance. The super bowl takes a little luck.

Edited by SDotNova