Super Bowl LVII - Philadelphia vs Kansas City

Leader

36 minutes ago, Striker said:

spot on.  KC had that jet sweep action a few times in the game and then in a key spot run the extension off that.  

That gets the benefit of the system building on plays from early in the game to set a pattern for the defense to bite on.  Run the plays that are sent in and it sets up things later in the game

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

So dude had a 130+ passer rating, in the SB, vs the top passing defense, on a bum leg, and you're not sure he "came up big"

Really?

Outside of a run, which was huge, he simply played within the offense and the play sheet.

Made no mistakes, also didn't really force much of anything.

I liken it to this...methodical and surgical.  And when I think of Mahomes, what comes to my mind is big plays downfield, scrambles and deep balls on a dime.  

To see what he did yesterday was amazing in that he was much more, uh, subtle in how he played.  

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Outside of a run, which was huge, he simply played within the offense and the play sheet.

Made no mistakes, also didn't really force much of anything.

I liken it to this...methodical and surgical.  And when I think of Mahomes, what comes to my mind is big plays downfield, scrambles and deep balls on a dime.  

To see what he did yesterday was amazing in that he was much more, uh, subtle in how he played.  

Yeah, he came up big. Like I said :)

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

James Bradberry stepped up after the game and took accountability. Great to see a guy do that. Shows he's a stand up guy.

No doubt he held JJSS. My problem is how many times during the game did officials get alligator arms when the same thing happened 15 -20 times prior. It's like holding, it could get called on every play. 

Choosing to throw the flag in that situation is a tough break for the Eagles. Not going to go conspiracy theory here but the Chiefs were bailed out in consecutive playoff games by the officials. 

I hate it when officials become the story at the end of a game. 

It’s annoying because I have no doubt that players adjust their aggressiveness based on how the game is being called. It was maybe the right call…but it was also the first DPI or hold called all game IIRC

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

It’s annoying because I have no doubt that players adjust their aggressiveness based on how the game is being called. It was maybe the right call…but it was also the first DPI or hold called all game IIRC

Not to mention no holding calls the whole game on KCs Oline. Amazing....the adage is 'you COULD call holding on every play' but suddenly there isn't one call versus the best pass rushing team in the league.

Wake up. It's fixed. The NFL wants their next Tom Brady and they will make sure Mahomes is it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

Not to mention no holding calls the whole game on KCs Oline. Amazing....the adage is 'you COULD call holding on every play' but suddenly there isn't one call versus the best pass rushing team in the league.

Wake up. It's fixed. The NFL wants their next Tom Brady and they will make sure Mahomes is it.

It seems to be a thing in the playoffs that the refs like to let the teams play where possible. The closer to the SB the game is, the more they let things play out and ignore 50/50 calls. This is the opposite of early games in the season, where refs can be ticky-tacky calling penalties, especially to emphasise recent rules tweaks or a re-wording of certain rules.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah, he came up big. Like I said :)

Sure.  Like you said and meant.  Big to you is different than "big" to me.

To me, he was subtle and won with the excellence of execution.  Which is not how I'd ever describe his playing style.

Which means...this Mahomes is very, very dangerous, as he can play multiple styles and beat you with all of them.

54 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

It seems to be a thing in the playoffs that the refs like to let the teams play where possible. The closer to the SB the game is, the more they let things play out and ignore 50/50 calls. This is the opposite of early games in the season, where refs can be ticky-tacky calling penalties, especially to emphasise recent rules tweaks or a re-wording of certain rules.

Which is why they probably should have kept the flag in their pocket at the end of the game. There is holding on 90% of passing downs by DBs. When the officials make themselves the biggest story of the game, it's a problem. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, svp said:

There is the Superbowl blue print. MVP QB, good players on O and D and ST. Some luck and Vegas odds with refcalls.

Exactly. Nobody (except maybe Outpost?) ever denied it is *possible* to win with high QB cap hit. That does not mean it’s *probable*. Obviously it makes it *harder* to win with an expensive & good QB vs a cheap & good QB.

Edited by TransientTexan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

the play in the last 2 minutes, Juju was isolated on that side and the ref had a clear line of sight at the play.

The play earlier is different as there were more bodies that makes the infraction less easy to see from the refs view 

It was just the first one that I found. But, as folks have noted, it's highly doubtful it was the only missed holding by the DBs all game. Refs are human, etc etc, and I don't believe rulebooks should be different at more meaningful points of the game. Just call the thing consistently the entire time.

45 minutes ago, Sandy said:

It's almost like "hasn't happened" is not equal to "can't happen".

Go figure.

And there hadn't been a QB taking up a ton of cap room.

There's no hard and fast rules to win. It isn't a Rubik's cube that you just solve. IDK why we're always trying to find these secret answers to how you win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Norm said:

And there hadn't been a QB taking up a ton of cap room.

There's no hard and fast rules to win. It isn't a Rubik's cube that you just solve. IDK why we're always trying to find these secret answers to how you win.

Your #3 guard can't make more than 2% of the cap. But he also can't make less than 1.2% of the cap. 

AND his name cannot be in the bible

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 2