Brock Purdy has torn UCL

Forge

51 minutes ago, FinSting said:

This is why the NFL is awesome. One incredible play by Haason Reddick and the game is basically over in the first half, congrats Eagles. 

Errrm...nah I think the NFL, and America clearly took an L with what happened yesterday. There was basically no game after the first quarter. How is that awesome?

Would would be awesome is if not one ever got hurt. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 9

43 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

maybe the nfl should make it mandatory to have 3 QB's activated on the roster on gameday.  just a thought,  senseless having non QB players get hurt trying to play QB as well. 

Really need to up the number of roster spots as well as game day actives. I'd suggest bumping each by 4 or 5. It would allow for developing more homegrown talent and cushion for injury.

10 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Errrm...nah I think the NFL, and America clearly took an L with what happened yesterday. There was basically no game after the first quarter. How is that awesome?

You'd think that a Dolphins fan of all teams would realize that

12 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Imagine the 49ers noticing Reddick had a few sacks this year and thinking "we might want to block that guy."

Alas, the 49ers didn't notice Reddick recording a few sacks this year. They didn't block that guy. Do they need a VCR? DVR? Some kind of acronym intervention. 

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

i would put that at minimal likelihood unless the Packers are just giving him away and Rodgers will restructure (the packers pay a handful of the upcoming bonus) 

I think it's a lock that GB is going to absorb cap hit to gain draft capital. I also think another team and Lance would be needed to land Rodgers in SF.

I think it's logistically the most difficult, but I think Rodgers will push really really hard for it, and that might be enough to start making the dominoes fall.

• Like 1

Whoever is telling Purdy to hope for a repair is giving him terrible advice if the UCL is completely ruptured.    You save 3-6 months in recovery, but the UCL isn't nearly as strong, and has a very real risk of re-injury.   You get the full reconstruction, it's sound.    With football mechanism being different, there's a legit chance it's 9-10 months, too.

I get it, you can come back and compete - but you're taking a legit re-injury risk - and then you need the full reconstruction.   He's under contract for 2023-4 - get it fixed completely now, and if Lance (or whoever) has the job, that's how it crumbles.   To get a partial repair is insane, if this is a full rupture.   

And for the Mullens example - he didn't have a complete tear.   That's the ONLY scenario where this makes sense.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/26/nick-mullens-avoided-tommy-john-surgery-on-elbow/

Guess we'll find out when the operation happens, but man, either it's less than 50 percent and the MRI's wrong (which is still iffy, <25 percent you medically manage), or this is a crazy plan, if the reports of a complete rupture are true.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Imagine the 49ers noticing Reddick had a few sacks this year and thinking "we might want to block that guy."

Alas, the 49ers didn't notice Reddick recording a few sacks this year. They didn't block that guy. Do they need a VCR? DVR? Some kind of acronym intervention. 

Yup he should have been accounted for better. 

But I don't see how that makes what happened "awesome" for the NFL? 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

10 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Whoever is telling Purdy to hope for a repair is giving him terrible advice if the UCL is completely ruptured.    You save 3-6 months in recovery, but the UCL isn't nearly as strong, and has a very real risk of re-injury.   You get the full reconstruction, it's sound.    With football mechanism being different, there's a legit chance it's 9-10 months, too.

I get it, you can come back and compete - but you're taking a legit re-injury risk - and then you need the full reconstruction.   He's under contract for 2023-4 - get it fixed completely now, and if Lance (or whoever) has the job, that's how it crumbles.   To get a partial repair is insane, if this is a full rupture.   

And for the Mullens example - he didn't have a complete tear.   That's the ONLY scenario where this makes sense.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/26/nick-mullens-avoided-tommy-john-surgery-on-elbow/

Guess we'll find out when the operation happens, but man, either it's less than 50 percent and the MRI's wrong (which is still iffy, <25 percent you medically manage), or this is a crazy plan, if the reports of a complete rupture are true.

Just gonna assume he gets full reconstruction missing his 2023 season. Tragic. 

• Like 1