Watching QB movement from team to team...

vike daddy

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Shoot for the moon. You don’t get what you don’t ask for. 

And that certainly is the moon.  While I'm all for players getting all they can, but if someone ends up paying Jones that kind of money for basically less than a year of quality QB play, they should get fired. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, swede700 said:

And that certainly is the moon.  While I'm all for players getting all they can, but if someone ends up paying Jones that kind of money for basically less than a year of quality QB play, they should get fired. 

It would be cheaper for the Giants to franchise him for 3 consecutive years than pay $45MM a year for 3 years.

He and his agent are starting high so they have room to move and still claim a "win." 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

It would be cheaper for the Giants to franchise him for 3 consecutive years than pay $45MM a year for 3 years.

He and his agent are starting high so they have room to move and still claim a "win." 

Probably...but I guess if he wants $45M, Burrow should ask for $60M. 

• Like 1

Peter King:  "The QB dominoes should start falling this week. Best guesses from my GM crowd-sourcing: Derek Carr to the Saints, Aaron Rodgers no one knows, truly (but I’m guessing Jets), Lamar Jackson and Daniel Jones franchised, Jimmy Garoppolo being the beneficiary of some QB uncertainty sometime in March.

I don’t see the Raiders being in the Aaron Rodgers derby, if there is one."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/06/ryan-poles-chicago-bears-nfl-combine-draft-peter-king-fmia/

2 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Man, New Orleans is going to keep on proving that the salary cap is a figment of the imagination. 

It's only a figment up to a certain point...they've been able to extend their manipulation for a long time because of the way they structure their contracts, but eventually, it will cost them.  It even has to a point already, because they are a rather mediocre team...even adding Carr doesn't elevate them beyond that. 

Ari Meirov@MySportsUpdate

Derek Carr went from a division with Patrick Mahomes, Justin Herbert and Russell Wilson (with Sean Payton) to a division where the other three teams might not even have their QB1 on the roster as of now. Big switch going from AFC to NFC.