The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Hell, we might get Miles back after he tests the market on the cheap. This is one time it’s way better letting a young, competent veteran go out and find a deal and realize there’s not much out there. I’d rather move on but consolation prize is getting him cheaply for a couple years. Should still grab a 3rd round RB either way. 

So the thing I haven't heard anyone talk of yet, with all these looming free agents on our team, we're probably looking at a lot of compensatory picks in 2024.

CJGJ would probably bring in a 3rd/4th as would Hargrave, so just pencil in one of each for them.
Bradberry could also net a 3rd or 4th. 
TJ Edwards 4th/5th
Miles... a 5th?
Seumalo a 5th/6th

Trying to think if I'm forgetting any notable departures that could factor in otherwise (with the assumption both Graham and Cox come back another year)

1 minute ago, Danger said:

So the thing I haven't heard anyone talk of yet, with all these looming free agents on our team, we're probably looking at a lot of compensatory picks in 2024.

CJGJ would probably bring in a 3rd/4th as would Hargrave, so just pencil in one of each for them.
Bradberry could also net a 3rd or 4th. 
TJ Edwards 4th/5th
Miles... a 5th?
Seumalo a 5th/6th

Trying to think if I'm forgetting any notable departures that could factor in otherwise (with the assumption both Graham and Cox come back another year)

Howie actually made mention. But yea, we should be swimming in comps. 

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Hell, we might get Miles back after he tests the market on the cheap. This is one time it’s way better letting a young, competent veteran go out and find a deal and realize there’s not much out there. I’d rather move on but consolation prize is getting him cheaply for a couple years. Should still grab a 3rd round RB either way. 

Miles is about to get paid out of our price range now that Jacobs/Barkley/Pollard have been tagged. Hes moving up the board as far as top FA RBs

36 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Now Miles isn't anything special. Jesus 

Been staying away from Twitter to avoid these takes. I logged into the wrong site!? 

The truth finds us all at some point.

He’s not special. He’s a good back, but he’s not special.

• Like 2

Just now, Kiltman said:

The truth finds us all at some point.

He’s not special. He’s a good back, but he’s not special.

I've been a huge Penn State football fan all my life, even more than the Eagles.

Miles isn't special. He's not worth 10+ Million a year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Miles is about to get paid out of our price range now that Jacobs/Barkley/Pollard have been tagged. Hes moving up the board as far as top FA RBs

I don’t disagree his spot has moved up but I don’t know if he’s viewed around the league as a full time starter. He’s most likely being pegged as a split time back, which is exactly what he is. So, maybe he doesn’t get the payday he’s seemingly in line for. 

4 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Even so, why would a team pay up rather than draft a running back? This class is loaded. As @Kiltman says, Miles is nothing special.

• Like 1

hhb9E8O.png

Here are the runningbacks in the NFL that are making 10+ M headed into 2023. Mixon, Cook, Elliot are all going to be cut. Kamara would be cut but can't because of dead money, will be cut next year, Henry is on the trade block. That leaves Aaron Jones, CMC, and Chubb making north of 10Million.

1 minute ago, eagles91 said:

Even so, why would a team pay up rather than draft a running back? This class is loaded. As @Kiltman says, Miles is nothing special.

Yeah there a ton a day 2 graded guys from a lot of the draft world.

If that guy block and catch reliably, that alone could make it more worth it over miles.. who doesn’t do either all that consistently.

I think he can have a rare long NFL career, but you are asking more of him than he’s shown he can do if you want him to be a special feature back.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

hhb9E8O.png

Here are the runningbacks in the NFL that are making 10+ M headed into 2023. Mixon, Cook, Elliot are all going to be cut. Kamara would be cut but can't because of dead money, will be cut next year, Henry is on the trade block. That leaves Aaron Jones, CMC, and Chubb making north of 10Million.

All mistakes lol that their teams had to realize a couple years later. 

If you’re infatuated enough to draft a RB in the 1st, just work the hell out of him until year 5 then cut bait. It’s proven doom when these guys get 8 figure 2nd contracts. 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

Trading Jalen Hurts to draft Will Levis is certainly a take I never thought I’d see. 

If we're trading with the Texans for a massive haul that includes #2 overall, I'd rather take CJ Stroud myself. I'm higher on Levis than others I think, deserves to go top 12ish IMO.

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Trading Jalen Hurts to draft Will Levis is certainly a take I never thought I’d see. 

Well Bryce Young would be preferred but I do wonder if Howie has it in his head that the best way to win is to not pay a QB.

18 minutes ago, Danger said:

I've been a huge Penn State football fan all my life, even more than the Eagles.

Miles isn't special. He's not worth 10+ Million a year.

How good is Juice Scruggs? He looked really good at the combine, unlike Mustipher.

Edited by Jeezla