Change My View: It would be impossible for the Falcons to overpay to acquire Lamar Jackson

wackywabbit

3 minutes ago, General Tso said:

In this thread: Ravens fan wants another team to overpay for Lamar.

Also, I like how you bring up the Browns as hoarders and fail to be relevant, but on the flip side, they traded for Deshaun and how's that going for him? Are they going to be relevant for the foreseeable future?

How about you try to answer the question instead of being offended?

55 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

They will HOST 3.5 playoff games and have another 1.5 wild card appearances in the 7 seasons left in this decade, with 80%* certainty.

Given Lamar's almost yearly injury history I find it funny you posted these numbers with any kind of certainty. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Falcons give up their entire 2023, 2024, and 2025 draft classes, Drake London, Tyler Allgeier, Kyle Pitts, Cordarrelle Patterson, Richie Grant, and AJ Terrell in exchange for Lamar Jackson. 

There, it's possible to overpay for Lamar Jackson. 

Lateral move from irrelevant team to irrelevant team is not an overpay. It's just fair.

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

He doesn’t suck he just peaked 4 years ago. You’re paying for the idea of 2019 Lamar coming back

Bruh four years is an eternity in the NFL.

This logic is so faulty. I guess I'll pay Joe Montana for the idea of 1989 Joe coming back.

Edited by biggie.

The main reason not to do that trade is because Lamar Jackson is ugly as hell. The chance of any team winning a ring with a QB that ugly is less than 3%, no matter how stacked the rest of the roster is. That goes down to .001% if Lamar goes to the raiders and combines ugly faces with Mark Davis. Atlanta should go after Jimmy G, and nobody should go after Lamar unless they need a RB, because you can get away with an ugly RB. I'm not saying Lamar has been a RB, I'm saying his ugly butt needs to become one if he wants to wear SB rings. 

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 11

4 hours ago, 4thandInches said:

And then bailed when the browns dropped their insane offer. So you expect them to do that now knowing it’s going to take a similar offer? 

Watson had significantly more baggage and they were willing to give up what the Texans wanted. With Brady gone adding Lamar would make the Falcons the clear favorite in the division.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Watson had significantly more baggage and they were willing to give up what the Texans wanted. With Brady gone adding Lamar would make the Falcons the clear favorite in the division.

Adding any competent QB probably makes them the clear favorite. The NFCS sucks! Not 1 team has a real QB.

Better off selling the farm to move up to draft Young or Stroud and use that absurd amount of money saved on FA.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

The main reason not to do that trade is because Lamar Jackson is ugly as hell. The chance of any team winning a ring with a QB that ugly is less than 3%, no matter how stacked the rest of the roster is. That goes down to .001% if Lamar goes to the raiders and combines ugly faces with Mark Davis. Atlanta should go after Jimmy G, and nobody should go after Lamar unless they need a RB, because you can get away with an ugly RB. I'm not saying Lamar has been a RB, I'm saying his ugly butt needs to become one if he wants to wear SB rings. 

Your post made me laugh.  Yes, Lamar has a face only his mother would love.  lol

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Yeah he really is the ugliest dude in all of sports. Yeesh.