Official 2023 Combine Thread

goldfishwars

9 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Seen some dumb takes saying ‘well now it’s all down to his Pro Day forty time.’ And it’s like, how have we not learned anything?

Slow 40 time=slow speed in madden 

Just now, CWood21 said:

I don't think he's wrong either.

I thought that also, was proven during that season when both Wilson and Olave were hurt and he played better than both as a backup the year previous.  But being gone this past year and injured hurt him, and I am not sure he runs anywhere close to as fast as Wilson and Olave do.

So there is that, and in the field workouts he looked good but was not blazing fast like Wilson and Olave were.  Will be interesting what he runs.  Both Wilson and Olave had over 1000 yards as a rookie and both did not play with good QBs either, not sure Jaxon will do that and most likely he will play with a better QB than either one of those two did last year.  

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

Is there a quick clip of his sled push?  I was really impressed with that, he moved that huge sled way more than any of the other absolutely massive TEs in that group.  And when they brought the sled back each time it took three guys to do it...

Good Washington got a chance on that last one, the previous rep the QB threw low on him and he dropped it.  Dude should absolutely be a 1st rounder and is the most complete TE in the draft because he is the best blocker easily and he is clearly not awful as a pass catcher and probably could be better in the NFL than he was in college.  

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I thought that also, was proven during that season when both Wilson and Olave were hurt and he played better than both as a backup the year previous.  But being gone this past year and injured hurt him, and I am not sure he runs anywhere close to as fast as Wilson and Olave do.

So there is that, and in the field workouts he looked good but was not blazing fast like Wilson and Olave were.  Will be interesting what he runs.  Both Wilson and Olave had over 1000 yards as a rookie and both did not play with good QBs either, not sure Jaxon will do that and most likely he will play with a better QB than either one of those two did last year.  

I'd argue that Marvin Harrison Jr. is the best of the Buckeye WRs over the last 2 years.  I've had JSN as the second best.  Garrett Wilson seemed like he had the most amount of upside, but he was also the riskiest of the non-Harrison WRs.  Olave was the safest of the bunch, but I didn't think he would ever be an elite boundary WR with his frame.  But I thought he would be an elite slot WR.  Olave easily had the highest floor of the WRs.

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I was super impressed with the push he got on that thing compared to everyone else, and how easy it looked for him being so tall.  Wonder how heavy that sled was, there were some huge dudes and they seemed to barely move it at times.  

Penn State in 2019 had Pat Freiermuth, Nick Bowers, Zach Kuntz and Brendon Strange all on the same roster.  Sure Bowers is nothing great in the NFL but Kuntz and Strange look absolutely legit and Freiermuth is solid as well.  

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd argue that Marvin Harrison Jr. is the best of the Buckeye WRs over the last 2 years.  I've had JSN as the second best.  Garrett Wilson seemed like he had the most amount of upside, but he was also the riskiest of the non-Harrison WRs.  Olave was the safest of the bunch, but I didn't think he would ever be an elite boundary WR with his frame.  But I thought he would be an elite slot WR.  Olave easily had the highest floor of the WRs.

Sure Harrison Jr will get that type of hype, and possible he is that good but with how spot on accurate Stroud looked in those drills, who would not do amazing at WR with him at QB?  Will be very interesting how Ohio State does without Stroud as their QB.  

Still not sure Jaxon or Marvin are as fast as Wilson or Olave.  Olave had burners well beyond 60 yards as well.