Official 2023 Combine Thread

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

but does he play like a 4.4 guy?

I do like him for the Steelers but at a role that he might not be suited for

His speed is evident. It's the physicality and instincts that aren't exactly Steeler-ish. Especially at ILB. At safety it'd be less of an issue.

Edited by BrownLeader

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

****, I didn't realize this is the crash that took the life of his teammate. Damn....

Much bigger than football here. I thought he was just booked on drag racing.

Man, UGA has been having a rough time with discipline. Wasn’t Adam Anderson in trouble this time last year? 

44 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

His speed is evident. It's the physicality and instincts that aren't exactly Steeler-ish. Especially at ILB. At safety it'd be less of an issue.

Why would he play S? He's always been a linebacker or a pass rusher. If you wanted to stick him at SS, fine...but he'd be rolling down into the box...to play linebacker.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Why would he play S? He's always been a linebacker or a pass rusher. If you wanted to stick him at SS, fine...but he'd be rolling down into the box...to play linebacker.

He's safety sized, lined up in slot coverage a lot, and he's probably better in space then closer to the los.

Just now, BrownLeader said:

He's safety sized 

He's 6'3 240.

lined up in slot coverage a lot

Yeah. That's called a SAM linebacker vs. spread.

and he's probably better in space then closer to the los.

Agree with you kind of. He sucks at reading the box right now. He's not unphysical at the point of attack--it's just his eyes that are bad right now.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Agree with you kind of. He sucks at reading the box right now. He's not unphysical at the point of attack--it's just his eyes that are bad right now.

Shazier was a WLB who converted to 3-4 ILB.  The hardest part, 2.5 seasons worth, was him playing slow to learn the reads.  The Shazier people really remember is when he GOT IT and started playing at 4.3 speed rather than 4.5.  That is what I hope for from him or Overshown or Pace or Sanders.  And Shaier and Farrior both played at about 225-230 so I am not that worried about size if they can move.

• Like 2

If he was 6'0" 210, Bryce Young is the 3rd best QB I've scouted since Luck came out, after Luck and Burrow. 190 pounds though...I hope he's bigger than I think he is, and it's not just a bunch of water weight.