Saints Sign Derek Carr (4 Years 150m)

goldfishwars

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Also Saints fans, beware Carr's weird *** family. Not so much his wife/kids, but his brothers and cousins. All very vocal to the media + on social media. I think 95% of Raider Nation is blocked on Twitter by those weirdos. 

They think DC is literally god and anyone who points out a single negative they jump on you. It's hilarious to watch.

95% of Raider Nation on twitter is worth blocking though and I'm a Raider fan

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kingram said:

I'm just confused how you can like the Vikings if they get a defense but not like the Saints...who have a defense. Carr and Cousins are similar players. Jefferson is a beast but Olave and the WR core is more than adequate. Kamara is a great pass catcher, although I know he's likely to miss 4-6 games. Saints OL is better than Vikings. Defense is unquestionably better.

And on top of all of that, we have an easier path to a high seed playing in a bad division. 

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

They aren't literally anything. The Vikings have a real HC who has shown he can run a top tier offense with elite weapons. If they had even a mediocre defense this past year they would have won a playoff game. The Saints have retread Allen who has done nothing but put up losing seasons as a HC. To me it is clear as day where the Saints are in the NFC picture. Right in the middle. And I don't see them leaving that spot with their current regime.

They have a "real HC" because he won 13 games with a laughably easy schedule? Interesting. I'll make you a friendly bet that the Saints finish with more wins this year than the Vikings. Deal? Winner gets to bring this back up next December.

9 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

NYG are definitely a team on the rise. So are the Lions. The Vikings with a real defense go from frauds to a real team. Carolina has a lot of pieces for success and put together a good coaching staff, if they can get the QB right they could take a jump. There are obviously unknowns, but I don't think this team is a contender going forward. If they prove me wrong so be it, but I don't see this Allen/Carr marriage as one that works out in the long run.

Its very early, but I'd have the Eagles, Lions, Saints, 49ers as the division winners, Cowboys Seahawks Packers (with Love) as the WC teams

Think the Giants/Vikings regress. Both teams won a lot of close games last season. 

I do agree with your overall point that this won't move the needle for the Saints. Kamara is trending down & you can't rely on Thomas anymore. Jordan is 34 in July. This is a team that would probably be better served with a reset year rather than going all in on this core.

Edited by 49ersfan

Just now, Trojan said:

95% of Raider Nation on twitter is worth blocking though and I'm a Raider fan

Fair but IIRC lots of media guys were blocked too. This leads to another issue Raider fans had with him which is mental toughness. He's seemingly a cheesy leader (Vibes of Wilson these days) and lost the lockerroom twice in his career with the Raiders. 

Any criticism or when times get tough, he folds and hides.

27 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The Saints are now in the perfect position to compete to be a playoff team in a weak division and do nothing more. Carr definitely makes them better, but this is not a championship roster with him at the helm and Allen at HC. Basically, welcome to purgatory Saints fans.

Agreed. I think full teardown rebuilds are overrated but the Saints are going too far the otherway and locking themselves into progressively lower and lower upside teams. Of course if they have homerun drafts it could continue to work but thats true of any team.

Just now, Kingram said:

They have a "real HC" because he won 13 games with a laughably easy schedule? Interesting. I'll make you a friendly bet that the Saints finish with more wins this year than the Vikings. Deal? Winner gets to bring this back up next December.

I don't care about making a bet on win totals on two different teams. Not only is that meaningless to do before FA and the Draft it has nothing to do with my point as a whole. I am not guaranteeing the Vikings are going to be a SB contender and the Saints will be terrible. I am saying I don't think the Saints will be a real competitor for a championship with Allen as their HC and Carr as their QB. 

See this as move that will stop the Saints from rebuilding in the short term and keep them in the middle and pushing salary into the future or as a first round exit tops. He's significantly better than Winston and Dalton but I don't see them as contenders especially with the difficult cap situation.

They needed to rip the bandaid off and look to the next generation of Saints Football. I think Long term Atlanta and Panthers will be in a better position once this contract plays out.

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I don't care about making a bet on win totals on two different teams. Not only is that meaningless to do before FA and the Draft it has nothing to do with my point as a whole. I am not guaranteeing the Vikings are going to be a SB contender and the Saints will be terrible. I am saying I don't think the Saints will be a real competitor for a championship with Allen as their HC and Carr as their QB. 

Sure. I just don't see how you can think the Saints roster isn't comparable to the Vikings. I'd also pump the brakes on dogging DA and hyping up a guy who flopped in the playoffs and had an insanely soft SOS. 

4 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

See this as move that will stop the Saints from rebuilding in the short term and keep them in the middle and pushing salary into the future or as a first round exit tops. He's significantly better than Winston and Dalton but I don't see them as contenders especially with the difficult cap situation.

They needed to rip the bandaid off and look to the next generation of Saints Football. I think Long term Atlanta and Panthers will be in a better position once this contract plays out.

I need people to understand how the cap works better.