Saints re-sign QB Jameis Winston (1 year, $8M)

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

I don't see why he would want to stay. He has no real shot at starting unless Carr gets injured.

If he and his agent have gotten a feel for his market and there’s no clear path to getting a starting spot, staying here where he is familiar with the system might be his best bet if Carr were to get hurt.

On 3/10/2023 at 9:20 AM, Humble_Beast said:

I wouldn't be mad. Jameis on a prove it deal 

How many chances are people gonna give Jameis to "prove it"?  😆

Like every single time, he just proves that he's not any good.  And it's like people just won't accept that's what he is.  Want to run it back again and see if it's different this time.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

How many chances are people gonna give Jameis to "prove it"?  😆

Like every single time, he just proves that he's not any good.  And it's like people just won't accept that's what he is.  Want to run it back again and see if it's different this time.

I mean I’d rather give Jameis a one year “prove it” deal than give a guy like Jimmy G a 3 year and 60+ million deal. At least with Winston you either suck enough to get a top tier QB in the next draft with no strings attached (vs having a guy for multiple years that will probably have you pick just outside the top 5/top 10 missing out on the top QB’s in the draft). Or you “unlock” the talent Winston has and he becomes your QB (unlikely) along the lines of what Geno Smith did this year. 

• Like 1

Just now, tyler735 said:

I mean I’d rather give Jameis a one year “prove it” deal than give a guy like Jimmy G a 3 year and 60+ million deal. At least with Winston you either suck enough to get a top tier QB in the next draft with no strings attached (vs having a guy for multiple years that will probably have you pick just outside the top 5/top 10 missing out on the top QB’s in the draft). Or you “unlock” the talent Winston has and he becomes your QB (unlikely) along the lines of what Geno Smith did this year. 

One could argue the exact same thing about Carr.

• Like 1