Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't think every decision maker leaks exclusively because they'll get something out of it directly.

Jackson's famous, every single one of these guys is going to have media people hounding them if they're interested. Seems like a pretty easy thing to deny, just to get the flying monkey journalists off their back. But when that happens 32 times it looks goofy.

That’s true. Just, like you said, the timing and everything seems weird. Can’t remember that many teams all saying almost the same thing that quickly after news like that (Lamar’s non exclusive tagging) drops.

Shrug.

8 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Why is there a sports site saying the Lions are the FAVORITES to land Lamar? I mean, I understand if we're on the list, but come on..

At this point whatever team that hasn't publicly said they're out is probably the favorite since literally nobody knows a thing about what's going on.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Why is there a sports site saying the Lions are the FAVORITES to land Lamar? I mean, I understand if we're on the list, but come on..

Because the 6th pick isn't the one you would lose if you were to make the 2 FRP trade with Baltimore 🤷‍♂️

There have been some tag and trade deals done but poison pills are no longer allowed (or the original team isn't required to match a clause that pays an extra 10 mil for playing more then 3 games a season in the state of Maryland, stuff like that). 

But not since Darrelle Revis' uncle switched teams has someone willingly given up 2 firsts for a tagged player. Teams with top 10 picks don't want to give them up and teams with late picks are generally set at QB. Someone like Burrow or Herbert would probably fetch 2 firsts but they won't see free agency. 

16 hours ago, Xmad said:

Go ask Decosta I'm sure he's willing to share.

Why would we believe anything he says? Because Decosta and that FO said it's the truth? The Ravens F-up just like the Dallas Cowboys did with Dak Prescott when asking for that extra "Prove it" year. Before the Goff/Wentz signing.

Had the Ravens made him the highest paid QB in the NFL "BEFORE " the Murray and Watson contracts they would have him on a team friendly deal. They played hard ball and need to live with the consequences. Even if it as a Raven and costing your 5-10 more million a season. 

oooopppssss!!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I wanna know what Lamar’s being offered 

I'm sure it's at or over 50 per, just not all guaranteed. Put a lot of guaranteed money in the first two years but you're bad at your job if you give him a fully guaranteed contract. That's what Lamar wants which is a sign that money is the top priority which doesn't always translate well during a second contract.

• Like 1