Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Honestly depending on the price point, the “Entire Gym” is not actually a bad idea and I think people are absolutely underestimating the concept.

Simple concepts historically lead to great business ventures. Kevin Plank turned athletic wear into a billion dollar company. Yoga mats, simple idea $11.67B. Sponge that gets hard when cold and spongy when hot, it also smiles at you… worth $200m.

So a briefcase that I can take with me on vacation to make sure I can get some workouts in? That’s actually a very simple, niche idea that could have traction. It’s exactly the kind of product that would sound like a great idea, people would buy, and then leave in their closet because they’re too lazy to use it.

Sure Lamar isn’t doing things with any sense of “normalcy” but that doesn’t mean this isn’t a quality product idea that could, with the right strategy, bear fruit.

Now will they successfully be able to launch the product with a commercial as bad as the one shown? Probably not, however if they get a legitimately talented director and some creatives to do some work? That’s a product that could have some legs IMO.

Dang man, you really are all in on this Lamar thing, aren’t you?  Like, not just football and contracts but the MLM as well. 

Edited by EvilenFroggen
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Lamar’s mom confirmed. Come on if you truly love your son you’d hire an agent behind his delusional back and get that man a contract. Unfortunately as a Browns fan the ravens front office is too much for you. You need to cease and desist. 

But also as a Browns fan please ravens front office, please sign this cat for a very lengthy fully guaranteed contract. You know it’s the right thing to do. Trust me he isn’t a glorified RB. He’s truly a bonafide franchise QB. 

Hey yo, if you get my drift, I got a let’s say “briefcase” waiting here for you that can whittle away those pesky pounds. Hint hint, let’s just say wifey will approve 😉

Oh and I’m pretty positive you need to step up to the plate. I hear say that loads of teams are interested in my client. 

Crap, whoops. 

9 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Found Ken Francis

Have you guys heard of the thigh master and the shake weight? Both have made millions and are legitimately stupid products.

This product idea may be jumpstarted by amateurs and they probably will be leeches and it will fail because they seem to be against the idea of leveraging outside help that can provide the connections to partner with the right brands and marketing talent. But there’s a difference between bad marketing strategy and bad overall utility.

If this product were at target and had Mark Cuban or some other rich reputable white guy from Shark Tabk behind it and Lamar were just a normal athlete in an ad (like Christian Ronaldo marketing that ab vibrating thing) how many wives and girlfriends would come home with an “entire gym”? How many outdoor workout enthusiasts might receive this as a Christmas present?

Would I ever buy it for myself, probably not. But could I see some people working out in the outdoors with this? Absolutely.

Edited by diamondbull424

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Have you guys heard of the thigh master and the shake weight? Both have made millions and are legitimately stupid products.

This product idea may be jumpstarted by amateurs and they probably will be leeches and it will fail because they seem to be against the idea of leveraging outside help that can provide the connections to partner with the right brands and marketing talent. But there’s a difference between bad marketing strategy and bad overall utility.

If this product were at target and had Mark Cuban or some other rich reputable white guy from Shark Tabk behind it and Lamar were just a normal athlete in an ad (like Christian Ronaldo marketing that ab vibrating thing) how many wives and girlfriends would come home with an “entire gym”? How many outdoor workout enthusiasts might receive this as a Christmas present?

Would I ever buy it for myself, probably not. But could I see some people working out in the outdoors with this? Absolutely.

Oh I definitely remember the thigh master. Loved the infomercial of Suzanne Somers squeezing that sucker between her thighs 😍

And yes I remember the shake weight, mainly because of well let’s just say interesting mechanics of using it. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Oh I definitely remember the thigh master. Loved the infomercial of Suzanne Somers squeezing that sucker between her thighs 😍

And yes I remember the shake weight, mainly because of well let’s just say interesting mechanics of using it. 

giphy.gif

exercise-sharon-marsh.gif

• Like 5

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

But Ken, there are also tons of legitimately stupid products that never made money, they’re actually the majority…

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I agree... BUT... once in awhile he puts out a personal thinkpiece that makes me go "HOW BOUT THAT!"

He’s good with legal jargon ie. anything related to the breakdown of a contract for example. But he sucks as a reporter.

• Like 2