Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, grizmo78 said:

I see a collusion lawsuit coming if he doesn't get a fully guaranteed contract

to which every single NFL team will just *will smith point* to his last 3 years in the league and how he finished the last 2 seasons (injured, refusing to play) as their justification, and they'll easily win.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is most likely the case, imo. I really think that this is a situation where Baltimore is hoping that another team does the legwork for them and that they have it in their mind that they will match any offer. If the market is willing to fully guarantee him the contract, then I think they are just going to acknowledge that the market is in his favor and they will give it to him. I think they are banking on the market not being willing to give him that type of contract. 

Man, I would be amazed

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

to which every single NFL team will just *will smith point* to his last 3 years in the league and how he finished the last 2 seasons (injured, refusing to play) as their justification, and they'll easily win.

Or the contracts that Carr and Jones just agreed to?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't disagree with you, but what is the justification for Deshaun Watson getting a fully guaranteed deal that would exclude Jackson? I would think how they could get around the collusion question is if they do offer him a fully guaranteed contract but for a decent chunk of change less than if incentives are involved. Going to be interesting watching this unfold!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

Wait so if another team offers Lamar a contract and the Ravens sign him to that deal Baltimore surrenders 2 FRPs?

No, I think that was a typo. If Baltimore doesn't match, they would get 2 1's from the signee.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

Wait so if another team offers Lamar a contract and the Ravens sign him to that deal Baltimore surrenders 2 FRPs?

No, that's not how that works. If Lamar signs with a different team and the Ravens decline to match, then they get two FRP's from that team at a minimum. Alternatively they could work out a sign and trade where they match the offer but deal Lamar for a higher compensation package. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DM316 said:

No, I think that was a typo. If Baltimore doesn't match, they would get 2 1's from the signee.

Yeah thats what came to my mind at first as well but im not nearly as knowledgeable as other folks here.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I feel like if the Ravens wanted to outright trade him, they'd be able to get more than 2 1sts for him?  Seems odd.

Than can do that if both teams agree.  Salary issues is a big incentive.

If I recall the Pats did that with Miami and Welker. 

Hey I might have wrong but it based on recall, sorry if I screwed up.