Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's gonna really suck watching him play this year on the tag just to redo all of this ridiculousness AGAIN after he plays 13 games and misses the end of the season due to injury after starting hot and fizzling out right up to the point where he gets hurt.

If Lamar hasn't signed by the draft, I think the Ravens would make a play for one of the non-top 4 QBs (like Hooker). Can't let Lamar sabotage the season again. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

If a team extends Lamar an offer that he doesn’t like (which will probably be the case), he doesn’t have to “accept” it. 
That would keep the Ravens from locking him in to a contract that the entire league feels is market value, but he views as underneath him.

Thats why i’m pretty confident it will play out like this:

-> No team will offer Lamar want he wants 

-> He continues to not sign our long term offer

-> He plays 2023 on the franchise tag in hopes of this all playing out again next offseason to see if he can get a team next cycle to offer a ridiculous contract he wants 

I wouldn't be shocked he he didn't get an offer he liked or even many offers at all. I also wouldn't be shocked if some team sold their soul to get him. 

If he plays under the tag in 2023 how much is he even going to play? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, General Tso said:

What do people see in Lamar -> Atlanta? Because they are a running team with a lot of cap space? They should figure out who's playing in the trenches first.

Apparently (I don't know much about the Falcons) the offensive schemes are like kissing cousins. I believe Nate Tice had mentioned it (or someone from one of the many football podcasts I listen to). 

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Ravens to pay two firsts to re-sign their own player would be insane lmao

This is most likely the case, imo. I really think that this is a situation where Baltimore is hoping that another team does the legwork for them and that they have it in their mind that they will match any offer. If the market is willing to fully guarantee him the contract, then I think they are just going to acknowledge that the market is in his favor and they will give it to him. I think they are banking on the market not being willing to give him that type of contract. 

• Like 3

Just now, Forge said:

This is most likely the case, imo. I really think that this is a situation where Baltimore is hoping that another team does the legwork for them and that they have it in their mind that they will match any offer. If the market is willing to fully guarantee him the contract, then I think they are just going to acknowledge that the market is in his favor and they will give it to him. I think they are banking on the market not being willing to give him that type of contract. 

I see a collusion lawsuit coming if he doesn't get a fully guaranteed contract

• Like 1