Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

No, that's not how that works. If Lamar signs with a different team and the Ravens decline to match, then they get two FRP's from that team at a minimum. Alternatively they could work out a sign and trade where they match the offer but deal Lamar for a higher compensation package. 

The bolded makes no sense. Two FRPs is the maximum the ravens will get in a trade. A team isnt going to trade *more* and have to pay Lamar what they would pay him regardless of the trade compensation. 

If you wanted to say a team like MIA or SF (teams without a FRP) would trade Lance or Tua etc etc then sure, but other than that, no team in the league will negotiate a trade with Baltimore. Its two firsts or its lamar. The terms of the deal have already been agreed to. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, N4L said:

The bolded makes no sense. Two FRPs is the maximum the ravens will get in a trade. A team isnt going to trade *more* and have to pay Lamar what they would pay him regardless of the trade compensation. 

If Baltimore says we won't match if you add X,Y,Z it does. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

How angry is Lamar with each of these latest quarterback deals? Wow this is fantastic. This is about as close to joy as I’ve ever experienced as a Browns fan.

How angry are all the Ravens fans i’ve argued with for the last 2 months that swore “someone will give Lamar what he wants” if we didn’t, and that his contract demands weren’t unreasonable?

How catholic is the Pope?

How great are boobs?

…very

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Sounds like this turned relatively lame real quick.

Seriously. Everyone supposedly bowing out already.

I don't get Atlanta not being interested.

Jets should be all over this instead of waiting on Rodgers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xmad said:

It truly baffles my mind Daniel Jones is worth about 5 million less/year than Mahomes.

But lamar can't get 50 million/year with like 4 years of guaranteed money.

Daniel Jones got about what he is worth in this current market. Mahomes isn't making anywhere close to as much as he is worth in this market. This is what happens as time progresses and why top players rightfully want to tear up "big" contracts they sign like 3 years into them.

Edited by minutemancl
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xmad said:

It truly baffles my mind Daniel Jones is worth about 5 million less/year than Mahomes.

But lamar can't get 50 million/year with like 4 years of guaranteed money.

It's not about the money it's about the years and guarantees. Jones is basically a two year contract. If he stinks it up they can look to move on this time next year. Lamar wants a commitment that ties the Ravens up in big money for a longer term of time and Lamar just hasn't been reliable.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Sounds like this turned relatively lame real quick.

Not surprising though. There are no real win now teams that want to make a splashy contract with Lamar. It also doesn't help that the QB market is what it is this year. There's decent QB's in the draft, Rodgers is up for grabs, Carr was in the discussion, and Jimmy G is a back up plan for anybody who can't get their guy.

Lamar thought he was worth more than he was, the threat was always that someone would pay him. Ravens were right in that they wouldn't 

Edited by lancerman