Raiders sign QB Jimmy Garoppolo; Physical failed in March + contract reworked

RaidersAreOne

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

The yin and yang on Richardson here is beautiful.

But, honestly I guess you guys weren’t really in a great spot for a starting QB this year, so I guess Jimmy is a solid bridge when healthy. 

Yeah, some people like athletes at the QB position. I, however, enjoy people who know how to throw the football b/c that's the main job of the QB position.

Just now, Forge said:

Give me that third round comp pick, please.

You can't keep getting away with this.

Also you signed Hargrave, so you're definitely not getting away with this.

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

If it keeps us away from Anthony Richardson, I'm jacked. I'll take Jimmy G for a year, until he gets hurt, and go after a QB in next year's class. This team isn't prepared to win right now anyway w/ that awful defense

If anything this buys Richardson time?

Just now, General Tso said:

You can't keep getting away with this.

Also you signed Hargrave, so you're definitely not getting away with this.

Hargrave will likely cancel out the McG comp pick depending on the final numbers. Its possible it cancels Jimmy, but if that's the case we'll just end up getting a third for McG assuming nobody goes bonkers on some of the other free agents. 

Just now, General Tso said:

If anything this buys Richardson time?

Not the amount of time he needs though. Jimmy will get hurt it just depends on what week. Could be preseason and then he'd get absolutely no time, be thrown into the fire, and be throwing balls into the first row after trying an 8 yard out route b/c that's how much his accuracy sucks

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Not the amount of time he needs though. Jimmy will get hurt it just depends on what week. Could be preseason and then he'd get absolutely no time, be thrown into the fire, and be throwing balls into the first row after trying an 8 yard out route b/c that's how much his accuracy sucks

You can still keep Stidham as the immediate backup.