Raiders sign QB Jimmy Garoppolo; Physical failed in March + contract reworked

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

No Carr is clearly better than a healthy Jimmy G. He’s way better when you factor in that Jimmy G can’t stay healthy

I’ll take Jenny G over Carr all day. All he does is win. Of course now in Oakland it’s gonna take a hit. Solid and less expensive. I don’t want 8 Games of solid play. 

Just now, El Ramster said:

I’ll take Jenny G over Carr all day. All he does is win. Of course now in Oakland it’s gonna take a hit. Solid and less expensive. I don’t want 8 Games of solid play. 

Nope. If Brock Purdy can step in and “win” with San Fran, the Win/Loss column doesn’t impress me much. Statistically Carr is superior. Carr also has more impressive traits. Difference being Jimmy G has played in a Kyle Shanahan offense on a team loaded with talent. Carr has played on a Raiders team that has been an absolute circus for years.

• Like 2

Jimmy G is more consistent than Carr. Carr will have games where e looks MVP and the next week look like he shouldn't be starting. Jimmy G will do well in the system and make the plays when available and get hurt consistently....So I'm drafting 3 olinemen and telling them holding calls to keep the Glass from breaking are ok.

Jimmy G seemed liked by his team mates so that should help. Middle of the pack team still unless he stays healthy and we get a defense. Wait I'm drafting oline?!? We're in  trouble. lol

• Like 1

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

They both are in that "If they are your QB1 your inn QB purgatory" tier.

Obviously neither of them are top tier QB options, but Carr at his best is at least fringe top 10. At his worst probably closer to middle of the pack (top 15 or so). Jimmy G is a step below and can’t stay healthy. That also doesn’t factor in that Jimmy G has played on 2 of the most QB friendly teams with New England/San Francisco. Could see him taking a step back playing with the Raiders.

Just now, tyler735 said:

Obviously neither of them are top tier QB options, but Carr at his best is at least fringe top 10. At his worst probably closer to middle of the pack (top 15 or so). Jimmy G is a step below and can’t stay healthy. That also doesn’t factor in that Jimmy G has played on 2 of the most QB friendly teams with New England/San Francisco. Could see him taking a step back playing with the Raiders.

Oh I'm not trying to hype up Jimmy, moreso bringing you down to reality regarding Carr.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Oh I'm not trying to hype up Jimmy, moreso bringing you down to reality regarding Carr.

My reality is fine with Carr. As I mentioned, he’s not a top tier QB. He’s just an option I’d choose over Jimmy G 10 times out of 10. The Saints have had Jimmy G rumors the past couple years, so I’m truly thankful that the Raiders chose to go with Jimmy G instead of Carr. 

Just now, tyler735 said:

My reality is fine with Carr. As I mentioned, he’s not a top tier QB. He’s just an option I’d choose over Jimmy G 10 times out of 10. The Saints have had Jimmy G rumors the past couple years, so I’m truly thankful that the Raiders chose to go with Jimmy G instead of Carr. 

That's fair. We're probably moving on from him next year for little to no penalties and won't be strapped to Carr for a number of years still. That's why I am content with how things played out for us.

15 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Carr is better than Jimmy but it's close and their in the same tier. 

Carr at his WORST is Top 15?? Lmao. Carr at his worst is like Bottom 8 QB level play. Wait until you see him in cold weather and in December. Also if no one is open, don't expect Carr to ever throw people open. He just does not have that ability.