Raiders sign QB Jimmy Garoppolo; Physical failed in March + contract reworked

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

You make it sound like he was going out of his way to purposely ignore everyone lol. Come on dawg, you're better than that. 

Maybe I am mis-remembering the quotes from Kyle, but that's how it came across to me. I'll do some google-ing

Edited by adamq

9 minutes ago, adamq said:

Maybe I am mis-remembering the quotes from Kyle, but that's how it came across to me. I'll do some google-ing

That is what i was referencing and you are accurate in terms of media reports.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/15/jimmy-garoppolo-reportedly-ignored-coaches-after-getting-his-big-contract-in-2018/

I cannot speak to the reality.

• Like 2

Thank you thats what I was referring to as well, mostly in jest. His team mates have always gone out of their way to praise Jimmy.. just look at Rita Oak's final drawing of him she posted today

Edited by adamq

I mean...JimmyG is probably fine in McDaniels' system for however many games he lasts.  But at this point, it's beyond a meme.  The guy is just entirely incapable of staying healthy, right?

Not that Carr was any sort of solution either.  He's also a QB Purgatory caliber guy.  Healthier, but less robust mentally when the pressure is on.  Just not really sure where you're going with either guy at the helm.  Obviously JimmyG probably "fits" better with the coach there and the type of system he's gonna be in.  Carr doesn't really work.  His superior arm talent doesn't mean much in that sort of scheme, and especially not if he can't get good protection.  But it's really just shuffling around mediocrity.  Both guys have made it abundantly clear that they can't "carry" a team.  That Raiders team isn't good enough to carry a QB.  So...what is the real expectation there?

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Funny coming from a Russell Wilson fanboy

I am FAR from a Wilson fanboy, make no mistake about it. My post wasn’t really a diss. Carr is an above average to average QB, while Jimmy is average to below average, so at best you guys made a lateral (albeit cheaper) move.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, adamq said:

I think he was always like that though. Way before I remember Kittle saying how Jimmy was a terrible texter, and was just crazy slow at returning messages. Some folks are just in their own pocket dimension a lot. 

• Like 1

There is an off chance the Raiders didn't actually sign him.

a) there's no official transaction
b) the Raiders have signed and introduced the rest of the FAs
c) Jimmy is in the building, but his press conference was "delayed" with no explanation

He might've failed his physical or something and Raiders backing out like they did to Rodger Saffold many years ago.

Edited by Trojan

13 minutes ago, Trojan said:

There is an off chance the Raiders didn't actually sign him.

a) there's no official transaction
b) the Raiders have signed and introduced the rest of the FAs
c) Jimmy is in the building, but his press conference was "delayed" with no explanation

He might've failed his physical or something and Raiders backing out like they did to Rodger Saffold many years ago.

Jeff Howe states the same as Vic 

8 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

"All good" doesn't really have me convinced...

Especially as they left reporters sitting in the media room for 2.5 hours without even the courtesy of an update.

This is the Raiders, though. Chaos is just the way of things.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

"Optimistic they'll be able to get a deal done"

... something has definitely happened. Either change of heart from one side or he failed a physical? 

Raiduh football baby!

They all looked so happy when Jimmy G arrived at the facility...

• Like 1