Raiders sign QB Jimmy Garoppolo; Physical failed in March + contract reworked

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Lmaoooo. This is a decent downgrade. McDaniels and Carr must really have not gelled because this is a bad move that a front office does to save face. I can only hope that we're not significantly overpaying.

I mean you'll probably overdraft (and trade up for) an extremely raw QB too this draft. So there's that.

• Like 1

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah, some people like athletes at the QB position. I, however, enjoy people who know how to throw the football b/c that's the main job of the QB position.

He obviously has to do a lot of developing to do, but I think his athleticism gives him a nice floor. His arm gives him the chance to be a top QB if you can get that development out of him.

• Like 3

I honestly hope we trade up for 3 and land Richardson/Stroud/Young. Jimmy would be a solid QB for one season (I hope all his guaranteed money is year one). 

I’d say 80% of Raider fans are against trading up to 3, but I am all for it. 

We need a QB and Jimmy isn’t the answer. But Jimmy will keep us out of range to draft a QB with a 7-10 or 8-9 season, meaning we won’t even be able to trade up with that kind of record. If we want to draft a QB it has to be THIS year.