Raiders sign QB Jimmy Garoppolo; Physical failed in March + contract reworked

RaidersAreOne

31 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Good contract but ditching Carr to go to Jimmy G doesn't really make all that much sense. Definitely a downgrade both from a talent and health perspective. 

Carr's time in LV was up; they HAD to move on.

Jimmy knows the system and has proven over and over again he's a starter.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 2

Just now, tyler735 said:

Brutal. They should have just kept Carr if Jimmy G was the back up plan. Unless they land someone in the draft this is a downgrade at QB.

It was abundantly clear Carr was NOT the solution though. Our roster isn't one to compete with the Chiefs/Chargers anytime soon regardless if we kept Carr or signed Jimmy. We need to draft a QBOTF and simply have a vet for 1-2 years. Add in Jimmy is much cheaper than DC so it's fine.

35 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

If it keeps us away from Anthony Richardson, I'm jacked. I'll take Jimmy G for a year, until he gets hurt, and go after a QB in next year's class. This team isn't prepared to win right now anyway w/ that awful defense

^This^

Out of the running for a top 3 rookie without trading up, it's time to preserve draft capital.  I'll be curious to see if the Raiders pick up a QB later in the draft.

• Like 1

Just now, Dr A W Niloc said:

^This^

Out of the running for a top 3 rookie without trading up, it's time to preserve draft capital.  I'll be curious to see if the Raiders pick up a QB later in the draft.

We 100% are drafting a QB at some point. Every Raider beat guy has said that. Probably Hooker or Haener but at some point we will take a chance on one.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

If it keeps us away from Anthony Richardson, I'm jacked. I'll take Jimmy G for a year, until he gets hurt, and go after a QB in next year's class. This team isn't prepared to win right now anyway w/ that awful defense

If anything it's the complete and utter opposite. This all but guarantees you draft Richardson @ 7 if he makes it pass Indy at #4. You better 🙏, they don't go Levis!!!

23 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It was abundantly clear Carr was NOT the solution though. Our roster isn't one to compete with the Chiefs/Chargers anytime soon regardless if we kept Carr or signed Jimmy. We need to draft a QBOTF and simply have a vet for 1-2 years. Add in Jimmy is much cheaper than DC so it's fine.

And, to be perfectly honest, Jimmy is better than Carr.